Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/24/14 at 14:15:10

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The NEW Radials are HERE! (Read 29373 times)
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Re: The NEW Radials are HERE!
Reply #75 - 04/29/09 at 17:05:57

Lon I don't think they have broken in yet. The biggest change so far I have noticed is putting the footers under them. That seemed to really open them up, the detail was so much better. They work well in my size listening room and I don't feel I have to sit glued in one spot to enjoy the music. I can listen, thumb through albums or CDs and I like that. Any word on when yours will be ready? I should be getting my replacement tops soon. Will you be trying any other capacitors? If you do be sure to tell me which ones and how they changed the sound. I tried all the resistors and went back to the ones Bob put in.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #76 - 04/29/09 at 18:52:33

I haven't asked or heard anything yet.  It's okay, I'm waiting patiently.  I'll have the Torii II before then and that way I can get a handle on how that sounds with my current Radials.

I don't know if I'll change capacitors or not. . . .I really drove myself nuts tube-rolling etc. for a long time and I am enjoying NOT doing stuff like that with the new Integrated I have and my "solid state" source.  It can be pretty disconcerting.  I have so many recordings and one sounds great with about every tube combination. . . I've just tried to find a happy medium for all of them (and in the amps I found these with 6N2Ps and NEW "Mullard" EL34s.

So right now. . . I'm waiting and enjoying the sound of cds and Blu-Rays and dvds!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #77 - 04/29/09 at 18:53:32

You're right, yours are likely still breaking in.  It took quite a while before mine stopped "changing" on me.  It's been rock steady for a long while though. . . .I've grown very very comfortable with my speakers.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #78 - 04/29/09 at 23:34:33

I'm still in the Forrest Gump situation where "Life is like a box of chocolates, you don't know what you will get". I actually smile when I hear something different from my system. I'm not so sterile or analytical that I demand things to be the same always. Live music is never the same though a recording should be but a little change doesn't bother me as long as it's not harsh. I guess that is what I have got from tube rolling, all the different ways a recording can sound.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print