Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
08/01/14 at 15:06:33

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The NEW Radials are HERE! (Read 29535 times)
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: The NEW Radials are HERE!
Reply #45 - 03/19/09 at 13:29:18

Robert,

That was my thoughts exactly, plus you would be putting the spline in while working inside a little pyramid, my hands aren't exactly big, but it would be cumbersome to say the least.

If you want, when you  come up to pick up your ERR's we can test the roof theory with your pair Wink What do you think, can we?

BobZ

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #46 - 03/19/09 at 21:54:19

So long as you are the one climbing up on that roof! It's what 8 stories off the back? I don't do ladders and there is no way I am getting way up there!

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #47 - 03/27/09 at 18:34:35

Richard,

After a long patient wait, your ERR's are shipping today....Black is beautiful for sure, This is what they  looked like just before I started to put the in the box.

The reflection is better than the picture shows, the only way I could get the refection was no flash and hand held camera.

WOW!!!  I'v!e posted two pictures in one day, Steve will be proud!!  I'm such a computer idiot!!

BobZ

« Last Edit: 03/27/09 at 18:38:28 by ZYGI »  

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #48 - 03/27/09 at 23:27:18

Bob: Those look fantastic! (wish my budget included a  bit of headroom just now!!)
Don

Decware SE34I w/ CCE mod, ZCD, Heybrook/Linn/Clearaudio, Hagerman,
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #49 - 03/28/09 at 00:33:17

Thanks Don...

I sent them out twice to get finished, the first time they came back the finish was orange peeled pretty bad...the second time they came back they had specs of trash in the finish but no orange peel...so I took it upon myself to sand them down, and respray them myself....they turned out pretty good.

« Last Edit: 03/28/09 at 00:34:14 by ZYGI »  

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #50 - 03/31/09 at 02:17:58

Bob I think I can live with that finish.  ;)
Tomorrow I will be giving my JMRs a final listening then make room for the new boys. I'm unplugging the subwoofer too. I have music picked out to run them through their paces, should be a good night of listening.  :) I anticipate them getting here Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. I'm having a little party this weekend so the new gear will be getting a lot of attention. I love it when friends say what the heck is that and where did you get it?  :)
Hope your trip turned out well.

« Last Edit: 03/31/09 at 02:21:19 by Stone Deaf »  

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #51 - 03/31/09 at 03:00:59

Richard,

You better get a move on, the speakers will be there tomorrow!!!

Enjoy,
BobZ

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #52 - 03/31/09 at 03:31:05

Oh boy Richard, oh boy!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 03/31/09 at 06:09:00

Now you done it Bob I won't be able to sleep tonight.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 04/01/09 at 03:43:49

Bob the speakers are beautiful and arrived safe and sound. I have questions and need to talk to you on the phone again. The speakers are beautiful, we are trying to get acquainted with each other. I found that spot where the speakers disappear and it sounds like I am listening to the wall, quite impressive but my Taboo will not push them past 90-91 db using a cen-tec hand held meter. I have questions about this bag of stuff, I have the feet figured out but after that I am lost.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #55 - 04/01/09 at 10:57:09

Bob, Richard, glad they made it safe and sound!  You're in for a lot of great listening. . . I honestly believe that.

« Last Edit: 04/01/09 at 14:21:35 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #56 - 04/01/09 at 11:38:17

Lon,

Thanks, I'm glad they made it there as well, it always worries me when custom speakers go out, you hate to have to redo them, if they get ruined in shipping. I think its been two years now, with no damage. I guess UPS has gotten gentler and Bob has gotten better at packaging.

Richard, I'm here all day, so give me a call, if I don't hear from you buy mid day, I'll try calling you.  Glad you liked them!!! Cool

BobZ

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #57 - 04/01/09 at 14:53:38

I have a claim against UPS right now for destroying an expensive turntable during shipment. The speaker boxes had the trademark UPS dings and gouges but kudos to your packing, awesome job Bob I don't think my first pair of speakers cost as much as your packing material.

Bob I forgot to ask on the phone but I assume the top grills will be coming soon in a separate box?

« Last Edit: 04/01/09 at 16:44:27 by Stone Deaf »  

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #58 - 04/01/09 at 18:07:49

Yes Richard,

I have to go pick one up, I tore a hole in one just before I was to put them in the box, it was tiny but a hole just the same.

Bob

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #59 - 04/01/09 at 23:09:56

Thanks to Bob and Steve all my little problems are solved sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees. I think these are keepers.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print