Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/14 at 15:31:59

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
New customs options available for the ZCD (Read 19618 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: New customs options available for the ZCD
Reply #45 - 10/15/09 at 12:12:54

It's kind of a curse for me. . . . Plus two discs skipped on the ZCD yesterday that don't skip on the Sony machines. ARGH.  

The 12AU7s work for me. Still don't have any 12AV7s in the house, there's hope.  

Audio is so subjective.  Everyone is so excited about the ZCD and I wish I were as excited.  But we all have different rooms, ears and brains, and recording collecdtions, etc.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #46 - 10/15/09 at 15:44:15

Too bad you're having trouble with your ZCD, Lon. No one can say you haven't tried to make it work for you.
Don

Decware SE34I w/ CCE mod, ZCD, Heybrook/Linn/Clearaudio, Hagerman,
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #47 - 10/15/09 at 16:30:25

That's true.  Knock on wood no skipping yet today (been playing cds since 5:30 a.m.)!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #48 - 10/20/09 at 00:00:13

RCA 12AV7 in the ZCD now, since Saturday.

I have to say. . . not fundamentally different from the 12BH7 I had in previously.

Ah well, I'll keep it in, fresh NOS tubes are nice to have.  I've been listening to the ZCD since I put it back in.  I'm getting used to it.  I still prefer the laid back sound of the SACD player a bit more.  But the ZCD is okay for less long listening sessions.

IP Logged
Jason

Reply #49 - 11/24/09 at 14:48:20

Hey lon, chris etc...  you should try a 5963.  I've got some RCA 5963's that seems to work for me.   I think they are industrial equivient to 12AV7???   I can't really remember, I'll have to research that again...

Jason

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #50 - 11/24/09 at 16:30:24

Yeah, haven't tried one of those.

I've put the ZCD away again.  Put the SONY SCDXA5400ES CD/SACD PLAYER back in and wow, I missed it, it has the ease and tonal balance that the ZCD doesn't seem to for me.  And it plays SACDs which puts things into another level.  So the ZCD is going to sit out for a while, I just prefer the Sony.  The machine weighs 26 pounds, the case and the transport are really something. You really get your money's worth.

Edit to say output from this player with the CSP2 turned up to full gain and into the Torii is the best sound I've ever had in my system.

« Last Edit: 11/29/09 at 20:09:49 by Lon »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print