Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
12/21/14 at 03:23:54

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
DECFEST 2008 LIVE BROADCAST (Read 6714 times)
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Re: DECFEST 2008 LIVE BROADCAST
Reply #15 - 10/07/08 at 15:30:36

I was connected for about 4 hours Saturday night and for about 1 1/2 hours on Sunday ..... no problem through my DSL link.

My computer speakers are not the best or the worst in the world ..... but it was not hard to hear a difference between the speakers that were in use at the 'Fest .....

Thanks again Steve for making it possible for me to "attend" .....

Randy

CEC TL-2 belt drive CD transport
Camelot Uther / Anagram DAC
Decware Model SE84C+ amplifier
Greenvalve Audio Type 10 amplifier
Parker Audio Troll Magnus speakers
"Mini Me" OBs - with Hawthorne Augies, Wild Burro Betsy drivers and Heil AMTs
WWW   IP Logged
Zenfire
Verified Member

Re: DECFEST 2008 LIVE BROADCAST
Reply #16 - 10/07/08 at 15:45:55

I loved it too, and I have no idea about how to connect a computer to audiophile speakers, so I listened through my horrible Apple MacBook speakers, thinking I would run get my B&O headphones, yet the terrible speakers let me hear just how awesome the Decware is...so I stayed with it.

I suggest a permanent podcast episode edited down to include several amp and speaker combos, the CD player versus the box added to any brand CD, turntable versus CD, etc.  that is all handled in a nice tight 10-20 minutes.  

And also a new webpage dedicated as to how to set up an audiophile listening set-up for computers.

Thank you!

Steve Hinkey Shocked

Zen 84C+, CSP2+ Mod Mixer, ERR's, IC's, WP's, Styx; Tekton OB4.5's w/ 8" match subs, Mdht Havana/vCaps/toslink, Pure i20, Fostex HP-P1, Digizoid Zo, AKG701, Sony EX5770; MacBook Pro. MkIII soon.

Interested in tube rolling/power ideas/multiple speaker connectio
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print