Why no interest? (Read 13667 times)
Azul Shiva

Visit
www.ambiophonics.org
for a better sound!

Re: Why no interest?
Reply #15 - 01/26/09 at 14:37:35

Dear Paul,

I just found out you have heard of panambiophonics. What diffusers would I need for it? Will I still need the entire wall? How about the ceiling? And what about absorbtion? (This feels like starting from the very beginning again)

PS: Where should I post my questions? They are scattered throughout three topics.

Yours, Sincerely,
Wolfgang

« Last Edit: 01/27/09 at 09:10:20 by Azul Shiva »  

Visit www.ambiophonics.org for a better sound!
  IP Logged
RFZ_Quest
Seasoned Member

The key to a perfect
resonating chamber.

Reply #16 - 01/29/09 at 04:09:02

Mike,

Yes, agreed regarding the material. I merely offer workable suggestions that have proven successful. I will leave it up to the builder's discretion as to preference of construction materials. MDF is usually available and very affordable. It is hard to beat when it comes to cost effectiveness & workability. There are always options to choose from.

It is too bad that we could not build these things from metal in a cost effective manner, as that would be the optimal material for this purpose. I know that my budget does not allow for the cost of metal for something like this. For me, MDF will have to do for now.

It sounds as though you are the ideal candidate for taking a project like this on with the means to do it with professional results. I am sure that you could provide confirmation to this with your finished projects. I am sure that everyone would benefit from an inside look at your project from start to finish. I for one would be quite interested.

Got one simple request not only for you Mike, but others as well.

I am committing to proceed with in-depth instruction into the art of acoustical diffusion techniques plus the many ways in which they may be used to meet specific goals. That means by the time we are finished here, the average d.i.y. enthusiast will be able to select and design the appropriate acoustical tools to serve his or her needs in the most logical manner based upon proven techniques.

I want to see vast improvement pertaining to interest and involvement within this area. It is going to take something of great interest and group effort to launch this ideal into something useful among the masses of audio enthusiasts.

Please do your part by posting assembly pictures with documentation as you progress with these projects. I will not be building these, but I will be designing and offering useful suggestions to get you guy's on the right track.

It will be most interesting and motivating to see these projects progress through your effort, so please make it worthwhile for me to make my contribution from a technical aspect.

Most importantly, I want to hear about your end result and how this all affects your assessment of these units when careful analysis comes into play.

There is nothing more powerful than knowledge other than putting that knowledge to work to serve a purpose. Let's make it happen!

I am at the stage of design criteria in which to formulate the best solution concerning wide-band diffusion designs for the d.i.y. Builder. This of which more than one concept will come into play for advanced designs or even that of hybrid models.

This will be on the order of full-scale approach for the most serious of home acoustic design in which the d.i.y. Builder may successfully build in a cost-effective manner with spectacular results.

Follow along and prove it to yourself. It will be worth every bit of investment, as time will tell.

There will be a dedicated thread started fresh for this venture. Look for it as a project page.

Thanks.

Paul.

IP Logged
RFZ_Quest
Seasoned Member

The key to a perfect
resonating chamber.

Reply #17 - 01/29/09 at 04:50:15

Wolfgang,

I feel like the National Enquirer rag for the inquiring minds that want to know!

On a serious note, let me try to answer these questions in general context.

These are very complex issues that all require a good deal of discussion and comprehension to do them justice. All of which I hope to work into my design projects somewhere down the road.

These are all vital issues, which must be recognized within the consideration of acoustical control and the general enhancement of the listening experience.

Concerning Ambiophonic principles, I am intrigued by the technology and what it has to offer. I am looking forward to integrating these principles into my audio perspective in the near future. This will be the turning point when I actually build a dedicated isolation room of studio quality for which I can take full advantage of this modern approach.

Yes, it is the beginning. We have to start somewhere. I am well past that point, so this will be like a review for me.  

Look for a new thread dedicated to these ideas as they are formulated into actual design projects for real world testing. We will keep everything there for easy navigation and control.

Thanks and keep tuned.

Paul.

IP Logged
mike_gagne

Reply #18 - 01/29/09 at 07:39:03

Paul, I will build and photograph in process and post. Hopefully we can break through to the sense of necessary and the curiosity of the others. I am game!      mike

IP Logged
Dirty_Dawg
Seasoned Member

Only the music is
real.

Reply #19 - 02/05/09 at 12:19:48

Certainly NO  bleedy "lack-of-interest" nonsense on my part.

I am very interested in seeing how this goes, fellas.
I am also speaking for the dozen or so half-interested, PW,  "good husbands"  who are interested, but remain among the Lurker category.

Anxiously watching as the whirling wind scoops up and hurls into oblivion the chalky white dust that was once the rank bones of my final oppressor, I relax finally, as I have survived again.
  IP Logged
buzz
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 02/06/09 at 18:30:55

I'm lurking too. Ready to rip. Smiley

« Last Edit: 02/06/09 at 18:32:54 by buzz »  
  IP Logged
mike_gagne

Reply #21 - 02/21/09 at 06:35:29

Just to keep it alive.......... let the fun begin-please?

IP Logged
brashgordon
Verified Member

Reply #22 - 03/30/11 at 09:44:14

What ever happened tho this  :-/    thread??

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 06/17/11 at 17:48:06

Good question. Would love to see it resuscitated. I am not in a position to play a material role right now, but soon I will be deploying my all new, early all-Decware system, and then will be turning more attention to room treatment and then eventually to ambiophonic possibilities.

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print