Send Topic Print
2008 DECFEST (Read 21478 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

2008 DECFEST
08/09/08 at 15:53:03

Well it's time to start planning for the 2008 Decfest here at Decware!

Here's a link to the info: http://decware.com/audio-blogs/

You can find pictures from last year on the link.

Consider this an attendance thread and general Q&A about the fest.  We'll monitor this thread until the fest to get an idea how many people will be attending.  Of course, the fest is for anyone, not just forum members so this thread will by no means be the last word on how many people will be here!

Looking forward to seeing everyone who can attend!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
stevef
Ex Member

Re: 2008 DECFEST
Reply #1 - 08/10/08 at 23:01:07

Sigh... Julie and I will not be able to attend this year.  What a bummer.  We will miss hanging out with old friends and meeting some new ones.  Not to mention things like new equipment, and music.  If you are "on the fence" about attending, please try to make it.  Steve, DeVon, and crew really do their best to make attendees feel like family.  

Steve

IP Logged
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

Reply #2 - 08/15/08 at 06:45:40

Hey, I can finally login to the new forum Smiley
You can count me in, I'm trying to get my brother to come out from Ct. so there may be two or us. Last year was a blast and I can hardly wait. see ya then.
John

VPI Scoutmaster, Grado Sonata1, Counterpoint pre amp and amp (modded by Altavista Audio), Proac sp. and home made subs. Lots of room treatment. Anti-cable sp cables, Decware IC, ZKit 1.
  IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #3 - 08/15/08 at 16:45:04

Deb and I will be there.  

And this year, after taking your free hospitality for 3 years now, I'm going to actually buy something!  Will an SE84CDIY be available?  Might as well pick it up when I'm there...

Dan

IP Logged
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

Reply #4 - 08/20/08 at 02:23:48

Steve,
 Last year I stayed at the Super 8 motel in East Peoria on Taylor Street. I see there is another super 8 in Washington,IL. on Washington Road. Is the on in Washington Ok to stay in? Is it closer to your location? It's cheaper by $40 so it makes me wonder.

VPI Scoutmaster, Grado Sonata1, Counterpoint pre amp and amp (modded by Altavista Audio), Proac sp. and home made subs. Lots of room treatment. Anti-cable sp cables, Decware IC, ZKit 1.
  IP Logged
DPC
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/20/08 at 13:20:17

IME, East Peoria is $40. better and it's closer.
I've stayed at both.
dennis

IP Logged
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

Reply #6 - 08/22/08 at 03:33:00

Dennis,
Thanks for the reply. I will book my room tomorrow.
Is there any music anybody want's to hear. I have about 1000 albums and if I have it i will bring it. Mostly 70's 80's rock. I have a good selection of referance recordings, If you haven't heard these you need to.    

IP Logged
Audio Addict
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 08/24/08 at 17:43:41

Since I am only about an hour away, I will try and make it at least one of the days.  Which day should I try to shoot for?

« Last Edit: 08/25/08 at 00:57:51 by Audio Addict »  
  IP Logged
chevelle
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 08/26/08 at 08:39:36

I will be there. I am looking forward to meeting condesending out of touch elitists who spend 600 dollars on power cords, much as I have met here before. A lot of lounchair "experts" that believe they find knowledge by how much they jerk off over their credit card.

« Last Edit: 08/26/08 at 08:42:37 by chevelle »  
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #9 - 08/26/08 at 15:40:42

Heh heh heh, I'm sure they'd love to meet you too. . . . Wink

« Last Edit: 08/26/08 at 15:41:08 by Lon »  

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #10 - 08/26/08 at 15:42:32

What an inspirational 1st post, Chevy! Sad
Don

Decware SE34I w/ CCE mod, ZCD, Heybrook/Linn/Clearaudio, Hagerman,
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
  IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #11 - 08/26/08 at 16:06:24

Howdy chevelle,

I'm afraid that you must have us confused with a different group of "condescending out of touch elitists" ..... the power cord that Decware sells is only $149.00 .....  ;)

Anyhow ..... I look forward to meeting you at the DecFest.  Hopefully, you will come away with a different opinion of what I consider a decidedly "down to earth" group of music lovers.

Best wishes,

Randy

CEC TL-2 belt drive CD transport
Camelot Uther / Anagram DAC
Decware Model SE84C+ amplifier
Greenvalve Audio Type 10 amplifier
Parker Audio Troll Magnus speakers
"Mini Me" OBs - with Hawthorne Augies, Wild Burro Betsy drivers and Heil AMTs
WWW   IP Logged
dla405j
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 08/26/08 at 16:06:47

Chevelle's cheap shot is unsupported by the facts and my experience with Decware & Decfest....I attended last year and found just regular folks in a friendly and low-key environment.  I buy Decware because their products are very value-conscious and reliable.  No boutique products ....just great value and nice people too.  Anybody who has met Steve or visited his operation know that  he's a practical and knowledgeable designer who offers high-end audio at bargain prices.....I don't see any $600 power cords in his catalog but do see various kits , amps, tubes, that are quality made  and based on simple, good-sounding design....chevelle take your comments back and say your sorry or did you post on the wrong forum????

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #13 - 08/27/08 at 15:28:11

Well guys, it doesn't makes much sense to spend the money in gas to travel to DECFEST to meet a bunch of snobby audiophiles when you could go to CES...and actually find them so I think it's pretty obvious Chevelles comments were tongue & cheek.  :P

WWW   IP Logged
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

Reply #14 - 09/11/08 at 02:08:24

Hey Steve,
Will you have streaming video like last year? Maybe some steaming audio? Will you have your turn table set up?
John

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print