Send Topic Print
2008 DECFEST (Read 21364 times)
DeVon
Verified Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: 2008 DECFEST
Reply #30 - 09/26/08 at 23:43:25

Ok, Im going grocery shopping this weekend.  If anyone knows they will make it but has not posted, now would be a good time to do so.  Of course there will be plenty of food and for sure it will taste scrumcious.  Im just tryin to get some idea of how many.

Randy....... I am soooo sad  :'(   Hope you are well soon, and you will stay in my prayers.  We'll send a guinness back with Dave for you.  Keep us posted.

IP Logged
gexter
Verified Member

Reply #31 - 09/27/08 at 00:12:13

Randy!
Hey buddy I hope you get better soon. May your road to recovery be lightening fast, I will be thinking of you.

And Everyone going to Decfest have a great time, Lets face it with the company of people going and the gracious hosts how could you not.

Gex
Cheers!

IP Logged
DPC
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 09/27/08 at 03:44:51

You gonna make soup?

IP Logged
DeVon
Verified Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #33 - 09/27/08 at 07:03:00

I think I might be lynched if I didn't make soup.   Grin  Of course I am.  Tryin out a new meatball recipe too.

IP Logged
DPC
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 09/27/08 at 12:55:32

I'm in!  :D

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #35 - 09/27/08 at 14:03:36

Got to have the soup!  I'm coming on down DeVon. I will drive along the River as you suggested too.  Wow, it has been 3 years for me.

Stone of Tone

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Magic Mystic Reference I2S
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
Tri-config/TipToes & Vibropods underneath Speakers
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #36 - 09/27/08 at 16:45:01

Well, first off, Randy you have our prayers.  It will feel odd without you here.  

As you know last year I tried to set up a zen cam for the fest, it worked somewhat but what a process.  Funny how these new cams all lead to paying someone else to make them work for you...  In any case, I have purchased another one that will work in low light and have set it on a dedicated server here at the office with a static IP address.

Unlike last year, this year in addition to the video send, there will be a non-compressed CD quality stereo feed of the event!

I have set up a stereo array of professional microphones in the center of the listening room and am running them through the mixer from my old studio via fire wire to the dedicated server.  I will allow you to hear all the conversation and music in the room with a surprising degree of accuracy (sound quality).  For example, it will be easy to hear what all the gear sounds like (I've been testing that part) making VIRTUAL attendance truly possible.  

NOTE:  A good set of headphones plugged into your computer while you watch is doing a respectable job of letting you hear the respective differences between components.

I have set up the stream so that you can just click on the link and windows media player will open and play the stream.  I will post the link on Thursday night here in this thread.

Because of the huge bandwidth of the feed (since it has non-compressed CD quality audio) is a factor, I am pushing it to a large server that will have no issues sending the feed to as many people as want to watch it.   On that note, I expect this to horrifyingly expensive so it may not be repeated next year.  

I will be paying by the meg for the bandwidth so when you quit watching be sure to close your media player.  I will likely try to archive the whole event provided the hard drive on my server is big enough with the intension of making a couple DVD's so that people who want a copy of it can get one.

And Randy, I'll give you an alternate direct IP and port address to connect to my server (which costs me nothing) in the event we have to pull the broadcast off the web for monetary reasons.   Wink

On a different subject - I have the lower half of the listening room finished for this years fest.  All but the floor.  I plan to put cork flooring in for acoustic reasons, but need time with the new room to decided for sure so meanwhile I've just painted it and tossed a small area rug in there.  I'll post some pictures of it this weekend sometime.

REMEMBER, the fest starts Friday at noon and ends Sunday at 5:00 PM.
Do not arrive before this time.  Bob, Dave, Paul and possibly one other who I've been in contact with be arriving Thursday to help set things up.

NEW PRODUCT, there will some yes.  The long awaited replacement for the Radials model RL-1.5's will be making their debut.  Also it looks like my latest secret project is ready for this years fest.  It was a spontaneous idea we had one night for a new amplifier... I think it's going to stun quite a few people so I'm anxious to present it.

As I get things ready this week I may post some pictures.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #37 - 09/27/08 at 18:42:13

Great news for those of us who can't attend!
We'll at least be able to participate to some degree.
Thanks for making those efforts, Steve (et al)!
Don
quality products, and actually caring about your customers= a retailer worthy of support!

Decware SE34I w/ CCE mod, ZCD, Heybrook/Linn/Clearaudio, Hagerman,
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #38 - 09/27/08 at 19:11:00

Wow Steve, Friday morning when I turn the key in my Van can't come soon enough!

Stone of Tone

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #39 - 09/29/08 at 18:27:28

The New Amp
The Replacement 1.5
6N2P in the I.2
The Listening Rooms
The Torii Mk II (in which the ease of transparency still haunts me since my visit in 2005)
Good food, good beer & good people

What do you SAY GUYS & GALS?
If your within a 6hr radius it is well worth the price of gas to make the trip. Heck, you can sleep in your Mini Van (like me). Don't forget your toothbrush, bottled water and cooler.  8-)

Stone of Tone

« Last Edit: 09/29/08 at 19:13:25 by stone_of_tone »  

Sony as Transport
Illuminati D-60
Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro
Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0
Kimber Select 1030
Zen Select #76
Kimber Select 3033
Polk Audio LS-90
360 degree Rm Treats
  IP Logged
DeVon
Verified Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #40 - 10/01/08 at 20:01:07

If anyone needs last minute instructions on how to get to our place, you can call this number:  309.669.7041.  This number is only for DECFEST questions, I guess you could call it the DECFEST hotline.  lol
Anyway, someone should be available on it Friday - Sunday.
Everyone have a safe trip and we will see you in a few days !!

IP Logged
Audio Addict
Verified Member

Reply #41 - 10/03/08 at 01:37:03

Hi

What time does everything start?  I am over in Bloomington and was going to try to come over Friday afternoon.  Also, in scanning the posts, I am not sure I know where to go.

Thanks.

IP Logged
DeVon
Verified Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #42 - 10/03/08 at 02:10:52

Hi,

Actually starts around noon on Friday, so anytime after that would be great.  I will pm the directions to you.

IP Logged
Audio Addict
Verified Member

Reply #43 - 10/03/08 at 03:18:42

Thanks.  I couldn't PM you back since I didn't have the minimum posts.

IP Logged
Audio Addict
Verified Member

Reply #44 - 10/03/08 at 03:22:57

You should set up a link on Head-Fi to your live link since you posted the notice over their.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print