Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/24/14 at 08:45:31

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware stuff (Read 11411 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware stuff
Reply #15 - 02/23/09 at 02:45:08

Well, you are NOT going to hate the Radials!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 02/23/09 at 15:16:26

I check my email each day for that note from Sarah saying Richard your Radials have been shipped. One week till my birthday so I hope I get that email today. Last night I was again looking at the 944 and NFX speakers giving them some second thoughts. My only experience with an omnidirectional speaker came about 25 years ago when I listened to a pair of top of the line Ohm loudspeakers. I don't even remember if I liked them or not but a stereo showroom is not a great place to audition loudspeakers.

With the exception of my sound sources, phono and CD and my speaker wire, everything else will be Decware and I will likely try the speaker wires. The incredible build quality has me hooked as much as the sound.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #17 - 02/23/09 at 21:03:17

I repeat Richard, you will enjoy the Radials! Smiley

I think the RL2s I have present music the most naturally, the least "HIFI", of any speakers I've heard.  Someone who loves music, who plays music, will respond to these speakers and deep down go "HELL YEAH!"

PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #18 - 02/23/09 at 21:24:07

PS:

Your post spurred me to order the speaker wire.  No one talks about it, but it has to be good.  This week I took out the last interconnects in my system that are not Decware, a pair of PS Audio XStream Statement interconnects.  These were in my system from the ZBox or the CSP2 to the Monoblocks for a long time and I was sure I loved them.  I replaced them with a pair of Decware Silver Referrence. . . and won't put them back in.  So now the only thing that is not Decware in the system are my XStream Statement speaker cables, and an XStream Statement power cord (which I do prefer to the Decware ones, but new they are twice the price; I got mine as a B Stock item.)

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 02/23/09 at 23:38:38

We agree the interconnects made significant improvements in our systems. At around $200 I call them giant killers the Kimber KCAG I had been using sell for around $800 for a meter pair. I want to pull the trigger for a pair of the speaker wires and you may have made me finally do it. I have been using Kimber 8TC for several years and like them. I also have Mapleshade Golden Helix that I prettied up with some Tecflex cable sleeving and heat shrink, they look $400 more expensive LOL. I can probably work them into my budget I can live off bread and water for a month <G>
My power cords are PS Audio Preludes which I think you have some history with. I like them, my first dive into high end power cords came when I used them on a pair of ASL Wave 8 monoblocks. I kind of wish I had never let them go but..........

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #20 - 02/24/09 at 02:17:04

Yes, I have several pair of PS Audio XStream Prelude power cables, before I started using Steve's I had these in the system, and now they're in a second system and attached to a few guitar amps.

Steve's are "better" for the Decware system. . .though they don't top the Statement version to my ears.  But they're cheaper.  I move the Statement around sometimes and find that it seems best in the CSP2, though if I had it on the TV the picture is off the hook.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 03/07/09 at 16:44:23

I have all DSR II cables in my system as of last week and I admit they have made a difference. I was replacing Kimber KCAG and Hero cables which I loved but with the Decware Taboo, CSP2 and ZP3 the DSR IIs sound better. I did some AB testing by playing a minute of one song then changing cables and listening to the same minute again. The DSR II cable was less veiled and had a more open sound.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 03/10/09 at 05:35:45

Last week I swapped the Cardas cable from my TT to my ZP3 with a DSR II leaving the ground wire connected. The DSR II cable is unshielded as far as I know but my room really doesn't need any shielding. I have been playing it every day and I think everything is broke in. I think the sound is more pure now. Everything is finally settling into it's final resting place and awaiting the last piece, the black custom finished ERR Radials. This may start a whole new adventure in tube rolling and cap rolling but that's why I went this route. This is probably my last stereo system and I wanted something right and something I could toy around with. I think this system top to bottom hit a home run with me.

I have to say the ZP3 is such a great phono stage and a great deal. I have listened to some phono stages that are much more expensive that didn't excite me nearly as much as the ZP3 but maybe I just hit on a great phono combination by sheer luck.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 05/24/09 at 04:10:59

I just acquired a pair of DECWARE half meter interconnects and am using them between my CD player and Taboo. The CD player sits just below the Taboo on the shelf below and I thougnt these interconnects would fit. Unfortunately the collars keep the ends straight, so I had to use a 90 degree connector on the amp end. This doesn't seem to be a problem because they sound great.

DECWARE CSP2+, TABOO MK III; SE84CKC; HR1; TRAPEZIUM DESKTOP SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK5 turntable; Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD player; MARANTZ 2226B, 2216B receivers; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #24 - 06/23/09 at 22:50:03

With all the connectors on top it was a real challenge to route wires so the whole thing didn't look like a science project gone bad.  ;D

IP Logged
DaBare
Verified Member

Reply #25 - 08/28/09 at 22:03:31

I am wondering how the rca connector upgrade changes the performance of the interconnect.  The additional cost seems significant compared to the base unit.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print