Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/24/14 at 12:22:30

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware stuff (Read 11414 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware stuff
06/15/08 at 14:41:42

Decware Silver Reference Interconnects. . . THE interconnect to get to mate with Decware products, in my opinion.

Okay, I haven't tried every inteconnect out there under the sun, of course.  But I have tried others besides the Decware (and earlier Decware models as well).  These interconnects are an excellent match to the Decware source, preamp, buffer amps and amps.  In my humble opinion of course.  Decware products excel in their neutral tonal balances and their clarity and imaging. And these interconnects get out of the way and allow all these properties to be displayed.

Any other happy users out there?

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,
PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Re: Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware s
Reply #1 - 06/16/08 at 00:04:36

Thanks for your impressions, Lon. I'm thinking of ordering a set of these too.
Don

Decware SE34I w/ CCE mod, ZCD, Heybrook/Linn/Clearaudio, Hagerman,
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware s
Reply #2 - 06/16/08 at 01:22:13

Oh you're welcome.

I have no doubt you'll be happy with them with your set up.

PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100,Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Evo,Ultra Linear, Iso-PodMapleshade:Double Heiix Plus.Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware stuff
Reply #3 - 06/30/08 at 17:10:09

My latest set have really broken in.  These are wonderful when they're in place. . .just not really there at all.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/18/09 at 02:34:07

I ordered 2 pr of the half meter cables a couple weeks ago now having a nervous breakdown waiting for them. How long did it take to get them from Steve?

I am curious what you use going to your CD player.

On another note I ordered and received a set of the Herbie's Footers last week. I just ordered with the basic black ball. I didn't like them under my TT but they will stay under my CD player. I also chickened out buying the 4" Maple blocks and bought another 2". I also decided to pass on the Soundsmith phono cart and flipped a coin between a new Grado or a Clearaudio, the Clearaudio will be here next week.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
76doublebass
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/22/09 at 23:27:03

I am starting to build up a Decware system and have the 84c Now and will in the future look at some ic's.How does the silver Reference compare to putting together a set of diy ic's made from 99.99% silver?
Occasionally I'll see some bulk stuff for $3.00 per foot from Hong Kong or China
Don C.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #6 - 01/26/09 at 17:00:28

I don't have direct experience, but reading the design notes on Steve's cables, I have a feeling that his methodology and build will make them sound "different". . . .

They're excellent cables. . . and not criminally expensive.  But there's also the fun (for some, not necessarily me) of building and using your own. . . .

IP Logged
ZENCDUSER

Reply #7 - 01/27/09 at 04:06:51

I have a pair 1 meter pair running between my ZCD and Carina amp.  Outstanding.  I'll doubt if I'll ever go back to copper wires.  I also have a set of Clear Day solid core silver speaker cables.   Initially they may sound a bit strident (as do most components,  silver or copper based).  But they do settle down and relay all the warmth, richness, and harmonics that are found in your recordings.  You get the added bonus of increased clarity, soundstaging, and that "jump" factor.  The key is time...lots of time!.  What ever figure you hear, double it!  You'll hear several stages of sound development ( I did, even after "cooking" the cables with over 100 hours of a break-in CD).  I cant say which took the longest (ICs or Speaker cables)...it's possible the ICs were already developed and waiting for the speaker cables!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 02/21/09 at 04:26:30

I now have a .5 meter pair between my Taboo and CSP2 and another set Steve made slightly over 1 meter running between the CSP2 and ZP3. From the ZP3 to the turntable I am running the stock cable sent with it from Pro-Ject. It is the RM10 and I have been told this cable is built for them by Cardas. I have ordered another cable these sound so good. I am selling all my Kimber and my TV set is getting jealous of the Stereo.

All kidding aside, placing these two cables in the system gave me a much deeper, richer bass and it was like the ceiling of my listening room elevated ten feet. This was not subtle it was extremely noticeable. I was using Kimber KCAG and Kimber Hero that are at least a decade old and the Decware Interconnects destroyed them in heads up listening and the Decware aren't even broken in.

My system: Decware Taboo, CSP2, ZP3, Pro-Ject RM 10 / Grado Reference Sonata, Adcom 700, ERR Radials, Lots of Mapleshade, Kimber and Herbie's stuff.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #9 - 02/22/09 at 03:27:50

:)

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 02/22/09 at 05:25:06

Lon I have been having so much fun with this new system while waiting on the Radials. Actually I am in love all over again with my JMR / Velodyne speaker system. I ended up with 4 Herbies Iso Cups and Grungebuster balls that I decided to place under my ZP3. The ZP3 didn't sit level with one under each corner but replacing one of the grungebusters with a glass lampblack ball under the corner closest to the transformer leveled things out. I'm still using a Vibrapod with a lampblack ball in the center well under the Taboo and CSP2 and everything is still on Mapleshade platforms. The visitors either love the Decware or hate it. Most are stunned by the sound then a few are turned off by all the exposed tubes and wire. I have tried my best to keep things neat yet obeying my rules for running wire. 35 years in the electrical field doesn't make me a genius but it gives me a good head start on the novice.  :)
I have had people feel the interconnects and comment on how small the wire feels. I have to take them to the Decware site and show them but it doesn't seem to compute. Three of my friends used to own audio shops, I guess they have been out of the business too long.

« Last Edit: 02/22/09 at 05:28:34 by Stone Deaf »  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #11 - 02/22/09 at 14:06:52

R,

Glad you're having so much fun waiting for the Radials!

I'm on  a different course, I've actually been unhappy with my system lately and last night I took the ZCD out of the system.  In combination with the ZBox there's a big hum in my system that I just can't get rid of.  And I just keep being dissatisfied with the sound, and anxious about it, and it colors my listening sessions.  It's been that way ever since I first bought the machine, so I've set it aside again and am listening to my Sony ES BP2000ES Blu-Ray player as the only source.  It lacks about 20% of the dimensionality of the ZCD but has a better tonal balance and I just relax listening to it.  It also makes DVDs look and sound fantastic, as well as the incredible Blu-Rays.  This also simplifies my system, allowing me to eliminate one component and footers, cables etc.  I think I may just leave the ZCD out til the Radials arrive.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 02/22/09 at 15:04:23

I had ordered a ZCD then put it on hold for a while. My home theater system is all Adcom amps, Lexicon Processor, Paradigm speakers, Pioneer Laser Disc and I use a Sony Playstation 3 for blueray. Heaven help if I should start replacing all the cables in that system or get serious about isolation and vibration.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #13 - 02/22/09 at 15:53:42

I wouldn't want to steer you away from the ZCD, there are others who are phenomenally happy with theirs. My experience is frustrating me, I want to love it so badly! So it's going aside for a while. I can't bear to have an audio AND a video session (and I totally cannot get into "games.") So this Blu-Ray player (which til this November was Sony's flagship) suits me well for now.  It is very impressive as an audio source, really surprised me in that department actually).

My extra pile now includes a DEC685, a NAD 585T and the ZCD. Cheesy  I may be moving to a larger home in the future, so it won't hurt to have extra sources, and I'll soon have extra speakers, etc.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 02/23/09 at 02:09:57

My son and son-in-law talked me into the Playstation / blueray. I have played football on it half a dozen times the rest of the time they play on it when they come over or my grandson plays on it when he is here. It's a pretty good player, I bought the one with the most memory. I have been selling unused equipment left and right. I sold eight items on ebay last week alone and one of my friends is coming over next week to buy some of my old interconnects. I may keep my present set of speakers for a while before deciding their fate. Who knows I may hate the radials.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print