Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
07/28/14 at 21:39:59

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
NEW TORII Mk II - Sneak Preview (Read 13333 times)
Quan
Ex Member

Re: NEW TORII Mk II - Sneak Preview
Reply #45 - 08/25/05 at 13:19:56

Hi Steve, let me know if there still any left.  I want one for $1995.  Thanks!

Art

IP Logged
144cubits
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 08/25/05 at 14:25:26

[quote author=selmerdave  link=1124759053/0#9 date=1124809814]†It's a much different thing to offer stuff that is at least 90% of the top at 10% of the price. †Of course the Zen amps and to a certain extent the Taboo do that, [/quote]

Dave, can you elaborate a little more on this comment about the Taboo? Are you referring to its price point or the performance of the amp compared to the C.

Thanx
Fred

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #47 - 08/25/05 at 14:48:59

[quote author=Quan  link=1124759053/45#45 date=1124972396]Hi Steve, let me know if there still any left. †I want one for $1995. †Thanks!

Art [/quote]

Call (309) 671 2428 and talk to DeVon.  

Thanks,

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
selmerdave
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 08/25/05 at 14:58:19

Fred,

I'm talking about the price point, no longer dirt cheap but still pretty reasonable in the realm of hifi.  Of course again, I'm not questioning the value at all, I'm sure it's excellent value.  I just like the bare-bones approach of the Zen C and while it's not necessarily the ultimate amp it's pretty darn good and dirt-cheap at the same time.

But the truth is we don't need another set of Wave 8's (very cheap but not really very good at all), and the present products offer a variety of high-end sound at reasonable prices.  I respect Steve's decisions in the direction he wants to go and upon further consideration I'm actually having a hard time coming up with an amp that is really competitive with the Torii II.

Dave

IP Logged
144cubits
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 08/25/05 at 15:25:59

Thanx for the clarification Dave. The reason for my question is that I just ordered the Taboo based on the reviews I'd read on this website. I just sold my ZEN C-EX and am breathlessly waiting for the call.

Ironically I'm listening to a pair of Wave 8's which I modded with Auricaps and some resistors as my first adventure into the world of Tube DIY. They sounded terrific...that is until I heard the ZEN Cheesy
Fred

IP Logged
boead
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 08/26/05 at 14:38:47

Steve,

Do you have plans to make something like it as an integrated? All it really needs is a pre-out (for a sub) and a second or third input.  Hell, even just a pre-out for the sub and Iíd use a good quality switch box to change sources.

This amp is almost exactly what I have been waiting for.

Are there any left? Although itís sort of a bad time for me. My audio gear is boxed up. I just moved and have part of a 2 car garage that needs to be turned into a listening room. Itíll be at least two or three months will I get it done. Till them Iím banished to the Home Theater for my listening.

I want the freedom to try other speakers and the Zen C is just so limiting for speaker choices. This TORII MkII would just sit in a box for week and weeks before I could even try it.

IP Logged
hurdy_gurdyman
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 08/28/05 at 16:15:24

[quote author=boead  link=1124759053/45#50 date=1125063527]This TORII MkII would just sit in a box for week and weeks before I could even try it.

[/quote]Now that would be a real test of self discipline and will power.

Dave Cheesy

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: NEW TORII Mk II - Feedback
Reply #52 - 10/13/05 at 13:12:08

So far we have built and shipped 3 of the first 10 TORII Mk II's. †I have gotten feedback already from one of the buyers in California and thought you would enjoy reading it.

http://www.decware.com/zreview120.htm

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
brad
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 10/13/05 at 17:20:47

Quote:
THIS LETTER IS IN WRITTEN IN APPRECIATION OF THE DECWARE COMPANY AND ITíS STAFF. I JUST HAVE A CONTINOUS WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WITH ITíS PRODUCTS

THATíS WHY MY DECWARE GEARS ARE ALL BELOW #10 SERIAL NUMBERS.

Me too!  :D Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
Rocket_Ronny
Ex Member

Reply #54 - 10/13/05 at 19:54:11

Oh Man.

When I saw Steve's new Torii offered up at $2,000.00 I thought buy it. While that is more than I want to spend I knew the amp would probably be killer.

We just moved and the new listening room demands more power than a Taboo would offer for my Hornshoppe Wanna-bees. However the move has killed any audio cash for a good while.  :'( They say patience is a virtue. So I guess I will have a lot of that.

So close and yet so far.

Rocket_Ronny

IP Logged
brad
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 10/13/05 at 21:29:26

Rocket, have you thought about going to more efficient speakers?

IP Logged
Rocket_Ronny
Ex Member

Reply #56 - 10/13/05 at 22:17:24

Hi Brad:

Yes I have.

I have a pair of Fostex 167s and considered the 206s. I find that the 6 inch 167 doesn't image as well as the 4 inch 108's in the Hornshoppes. I am also very happy with how the speakers turned out. I get a kick just looking at them. Here they are in case you did not see them. http://www.scripturesongs.com/audio2.htm †I ditched the Yamaha mixer in the system. That was just experimenting. Although I really enjoyed the Cayin Amp I sold it to help pay for the move. Wouldn't a Torii look nice there?

I can't believe how much more power the new room takes over what you see in the link above. Almost twice, and it is a norrower room. Too narrow for me. Enough to dampen my audio enthusiam a lot. I like a big, wide soundstage. That's why I say the room is KING.

Rocket_Ronny

« Last Edit: 10/13/05 at 22:19:43 by Rocket_Ronny »  
  IP Logged
Brian
Ex Member

Reply #57 - 10/14/05 at 08:28:20

Nice to see that review.  What a great amp.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print