Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/23/14 at 12:18:37

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Zenfest, an early report. (Read 14108 times)
Gexter
Ex Member

Re: Zenfest, an early report.
Reply #45 - 10/27/07 at 20:30:14

Terry wrote on 10/26/07 at 16:31:21:
I guess I should have been more specific, as I got a call from a fellow forum member wanting to know how bad my accident was.  I was runnin a piece of wood through my jointer and it kicked back, throwing my finger into the blade, and it shaved off my finger print.  Not bad really, it could be worse but I have to lay off of it so it heals faster.

TG

Minor but unfortunate just the same. something that simple can keep a person from their regular scheduled life as well. The longer you give it a rest the faster it will heal is a good motto!
glad your healing up! Keep it clean and clear of infection. If you let it get infected then you have a bigger problem on your hands.

Doc Gexter

IP Logged
selmerdave
Seasoned Member

When words fail,
music speaks - HC
Anderson

Reply #46 - 10/27/07 at 20:58:27

I guess I should have been more specific, as I got a call from a fellow forum member wanting to know how bad my accident was.  I was runnin a piece of wood through my jointer and it kicked back, throwing my finger into the blade, and it shaved off my finger print.  Not bad really, it could be worse but I have to lay off of it so it heals faster.

TG

Ouch!!

Hope it heals quickly Terry.

Dave

Altec 604E's in MLTL cabs biamped w/Rane AC-22
Zen Select on HF
Radio Craftsmen RC-2's on LF
Eico HF-85
VPI HW-19 Mk II, Sonus arm, Grado Gold
CAL Tercet mK IV
WWW   IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #47 - 10/29/07 at 13:34:59

TG

Terry

I did the exact same thing about 30 years ago.  Had a thumb that has about 1/3 the meat cut off where the thumb print should be.  It all grew back with time, can't even tell which thumb it was now by looking.  If I recall it was a combination of a jointer that wasn't as sharp as it should have been, a work piece that was too small to be safely used on a jointer, and too many beers.  Havn't used a jointer since.

Dan

IP Logged
veryoldcat
Seasoned Member

dam*ed if you do,
and dam*ed if you
don't

Reply #48 - 10/29/07 at 22:25:41

dank wrote on 10/29/07 at 13:34:59:

Terry

I did the exact same thing about 30 years ago.  Had a thumb that has about 1/3 the meat cut off where the thumb print should be.  It all grew back with time, can't even tell which thumb it was now by looking.  If I recall it was a combination of a jointer that wasn't as sharp as it should have been, a work piece that was too small to be safely used on a jointer, and too many beers.  Havn't used a jointer since.

Dan

Can't help but notice that the jointer goes, but the beers stay Roll Eyes

Karl

SE84CS (vcapped), CSP, zbox, Dec685, ZP 1.0, Sota tt/Well-Tempered Arm/V15XMR, Parker 98's, Parker Audio *Power Chords*, cat 6 wires, OSX; a garage sale of other stuff...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print