Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/29/14 at 06:27:30

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
hey, i'm getting a se34I.2!!! (Read 11121 times)
jaco03
Verified Member

Re: hey, i'm getting a se34I.2!!!
Reply #15 - 08/03/08 at 23:43:40

hey lon
you will like the ev version of the 6n2p. the two sets i got from decware when i ordered the se34 were really bad with the intermittent crackling -- even after lengthy use. the hissing and crackling was a turn-off. however, i ordered the 6n2p evs off e-bay and they sound great. no more crackle, hiss or pops.
the se34 is sounding great, my recent acquisition of a CAL delta transport to partner my dddac has been another good step.
i also did get some cryoed mullards for rectifiers and cryoed el 34s but think the difference against stock tubes does not justify the extra cost.
happy listening

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #16 - 08/04/08 at 02:35:00

Jaco,

Thanks for the information.  I'm looking forward to the tubes. . . will probably get them tomorrow.

:)

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #17 - 08/08/08 at 20:54:21

Well, have the new tubes in place.

I'm getting a hum through one channel that I did not have before but it's not loud enough to be really bothersome.

They seem to have a mellower sound to them and that's always welcome!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+,Torii Mk III,PS Audio PWT+DS,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DVD-A1UDCI, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable:Stradivarius, Ultra Linear+Evo ICs, Iso-Pods,Mapleshade:Double Heiix Plus,Samsonv2+v3 +4" platforms,Herbie's Iso-Cup
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print