Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/22/14 at 03:04:36

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
BETTER SOUND THROUGH SCIENCE! (Read 13007 times)
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Re: BETTER SOUND THROUGH SCIENCE!
Reply #15 - 05/30/11 at 18:49:29

This is an old thread, but I stumbled across it while reading an article elsewhere on room correction and treatment. Couple of questions: has anyone here had experience with Tact's technology implementation? And did Paul's ambiophonic speakers ever arrive?

In any case, this paper sure has me thinking about my setup.

Also, has anyone played with this iPad app for ambiophonics? Very interesting.

« Last Edit: 05/30/11 at 19:22:20 by Pale Rider »  

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Azul Shiva

Visit
www.ambiophonics.org
for a better sound!

Reply #16 - 05/30/11 at 20:28:40

I have never tried TacT, 2grand a piece is too much for me. I do however play my audio through AudioMulch, which does the same thing, no need to spend any money. That means my music\movies are stored on my pc. =\
I never heard of anything called ambiophonic speakers, u can use any type of speakers for ambiophonics. I used to have a massive sound barrier between my speakers, turning the living room into something horrible, until of course my girlfriend moved in =\. Though I would recommend it if u have enough space, the sound is simply better with a true barrier, and my speakers arent even that expensive.

greetz, azul

Visit www.ambiophonics.org for a better sound!
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 05/30/11 at 21:29:47

Azul, thats a validator.And my reading confirms what you say, that the speaker really doesn't matter, though I wonder if the ERR might be the "least ideal" speaker for ambiophonics.

The music I store and play from my computer could easily be ambiophonically processed. But I am also interested in the possible benefit for my BluRay, CD/DVD, AppleTV and DVR sources. I could be mistaken, but given that I am on a path toward an integrated hi-fi and HT setup, I probably need to have my system optimized for one approach or the other.

« Last Edit: 05/30/11 at 21:50:21 by Pale Rider »  

Decware: Ultra | Torii MKIII [2] | SE84ZS | Taboo MkIII Sources: Synology 1812+ | Baetis Revolution | PWD DAC MKII | Lumin Network Player | Mytek 192 | Oppo 105 DSP: DEQX Mate | Emotiva Outputs: ERR [6] + Servo Subs | LCD-2 & other cans
  IP Logged
Azul Shiva

Visit
www.ambiophonics.org
for a better sound!

Reply #18 - 05/30/11 at 22:18:56

I dont see why youd need a dvd player if u have a pc lol. As to blueray, you can download movies in full hd legally (and piratebay makes things even simple)
If u want ambiophonics and keep it simple, I say stick to a pc. Unless youre a real highend freak and use a record player, then i say use a real barrier. I still dont realize what the benefits from the TacT really are except that you can use it on a regular amplifier. I know RalphGlasgal personally, the guy who came up with all this ambiophonic stuff, and he doesnt really approve it either, let alone the price. (I think he is getting some money from TacT, and hes actually advertising TacT cooperation and its products on his website XDD)
Only real reason ull want the Tact is if you want to use your regular amplifier and no physical barrier.
You can call some speakers more suitable for ambiophonics and some less. Although it doesnt make a real difference, according to ralph glasgal horns are least suitable and electrostatics the best. I lov horns and horns is what I use and its perfectly in order just as it is. However speakers which are too big, will screw up your soundstage (think of the imperial horn). Low cutting your speakers at 100hz in whatever setup and letting a subwoofer take over is a grand idea seriously improving your bass. Bass is not localizable, so theres no reason to process it ambiophonically, ull only decrease the volume and the precision.
hope this helps
regards, azul

« Last Edit: 05/30/11 at 22:27:17 by Azul Shiva »  

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 05/30/11 at 22:23:12

Azul, thanks for the reference to AudioMulch. I did not know it is also available for Mac. So, looks like I have a new piece of software to try. And I also see that Hotto makes a VST plug-in that should work with Fidelia. if this all pans out, then the Tact investment might become worthwhile.

IP Logged
Azul Shiva

Visit
www.ambiophonics.org
for a better sound!

Reply #20 - 05/30/11 at 22:31:55

AudioMulch, i lov it. First time I used it was for ambiophonics. I started experimenting with it, fell in lov with it, and now, bit more than a year later im producing music on a regular basis =)
If anyones using it for pc and doesnt feel like paying 180dollars, feel free to contact me and enquire my serial number.

EDIT; dude, you dont need Vsts to run ambiophonics on AudioMulch. Google "audiomulch RACE" and ull find out how. ou need to know the basics of how the programm works though.

best regards, azul [yes, its azul, ive changed my real name Wink

« Last Edit: 05/30/11 at 22:36:50 by Azul Shiva »  

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 05/30/11 at 23:23:30

Azul:

1. Thanks for the offer, but if I like AM, I will definitely buy my own serial number.

2. The only reason I'm interested in the VST plugin is that my music player of choice on the Mac is Fidelia, Fidelia supports VST plugins, and using the plugin woul be very easy that way. And quite a bit cheaper than AM. Since I am not a music producer, that might make more sense for me.

Anyway, thanks for getting me to check this out.

Greg

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print