Send Topic Print
Half-Scale WO (Read 9239 times)
60_and_up
Seasoned Member

kids should live.

Re: Half-Scale WO
Reply #30 - 07/17/07 at 02:07:58

Blotch wrote on 07/17/07 at 00:42:33:
not really a problem - the half-scale was just an experiment. didn't expect it to sound decent to start with Smiley I just want to see how it would perform as opposed to a sealed or ported enclosure. I can prolly fix the hollow sound it has by lining part of the horn with something but like i said - it was an experiment.

will only take you 5 seconds to turn it around and see what it can really sound like. Smiley

measurements are 1 thing, trusting your ears is another.

« Last Edit: 07/17/07 at 02:08:33 by 60_and_up »  

Peace hath higher tests of manhood than battle ever knew. ...
  IP Logged
Blotch
Verified Member

Reply #31 - 07/17/07 at 02:40:10

oie....ill try it tomorrow ifn itll make ya feel better. gotta put the top back on and find a good spot to sit it.

IP Logged
60_and_up
Seasoned Member

kids should live.

Reply #32 - 07/17/07 at 03:01:17

try it 2 inches from a wall, and  or on little 2" legs fireing into the floor (in the corner) basically any way you can where it faces away from you and directly onto another surface.

play music not tones.

use it as a sub, x it over below 80 hertz,

youll need some speakers  ;)

Peace hath higher tests of manhood than battle ever knew. ...
  IP Logged
Matthew

Reply #33 - 07/17/07 at 03:34:05

Blotch wrote on 07/17/07 at 00:42:33:
not really a problem - the half-scale was just an experiment. didn't expect it to sound decent to start with Smiley I just want to see how it would perform as opposed to a sealed or ported enclosure.

I'd still like to see if a half of a WO can be done, rather than half-scale.  I remember a thread about this once, and the conclusion was that you cannot just cut the enclosure down the middle because of the way the throat of the horn acts.  So I wonder how much of the other side can be done away with.

Maybe next time someone builds a WO they can try installing a woofer in one side and running it while the outer panels for the opposing side are not installed, just those which double as the throat of the horn.

chickenkofta   IP Logged
Blotch
Verified Member

Reply #34 - 07/17/07 at 04:15:54

i drew a half WO out at work the other day. came out real weird not sure how it'll sound. another thing to try since i do have quite a few single 10" woofers laying around.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print