Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/14 at 04:51:45

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
CSP2 Review:  in old chassis, no headphone ou (Read 9765 times)
DaveCan
Ex Member

Re: CSP2 Review:  in old chassis, no headphone ou
Reply #15 - 04/23/07 at 18:35:21

I know what you mean I miss my system when I'm away too. I was away on a solo backpacking trip all last week and today I'm really lovin my music..  

My Taboo did the same thing after about 2 weeks also and now is just jaw dropping amazing to me.. I predict after another few weeks or so your CSP2 will do the same, great investment these Decware products...      Dave Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #16 - 04/23/07 at 20:32:01

Cool to hear the Taboo has turned that one corner. . . there will be more. . . I think the amps go through about four plateaux in the first year!

Yes, I'm back with the system again and spent about five hours listening yesterday to music, and a few more hours with TV going through the system.  So glad to have it getting so much use!

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 04/26/07 at 02:52:21

Lon, I noticed that the CSP2 ships with the buyers choice of 6N1P, 6DJ8 or 6922 input tubes. I know your using your own but just wondered which one you ordered your CSP with and if you've given it a go..  Jim McShane turned me on to a  NOS RCA grey plate 3 mica 5965 to try in my Taboo and I've been using it exclusively, I think it's also known as a 12AV7.     Dave Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: CSP2 Review:  in old chassis, no headphon
Reply #18 - 04/26/07 at 03:33:15

I ordered 6N1Ps with the amp (well, more specifically, no one asked but they sent those and that would be what I would ask for, they knew that).

I've been using the very same tubes, but cryo'd, in my EL34 Monoblocks.  I'm very happy with them.  I put cryo'd versions in the CSP2.  I find they work really well with digital.

Decware:ERR,HR-1,ZP3,CSP2+(2),Torii Mk III, PS Audio PWT+PWD MkII,PowerBases,PPP,AC-12 pcs, Denon DBP-A100, Denon DCD-A100, Rega RP3 +TTPSU,white belt+Exact2, VooDoo Cable IC: Evo and UL, Mapleshade:Double Heiix Samsonv2+v3 and 4"platforms,Herbie's IsoCups+Tendft
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #19 - 04/29/07 at 18:41:53

I think this CSP2 is likely broken in now.

I'm getting exciting sound.  Warm, full.  I'm one very happy camper!

Soon I should have a new pair of DSR II cables and I think I'll be set.  I believe that set of cables will correct my one quibble (a tiny bit of tartness).

Anyone thinking that the CSP2 may be just the right addition to your system. . . you are thinking with clarity!  ;)

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #20 - 05/05/07 at 16:23:35

DaveCan wrote on 04/15/07 at 17:22:10:
Great review's Lon, you and Randy have been making my mouth water with all the good reports on the CSP2. Recent auto repair costs and tax time will keep me away from one for a spell or two..

Have you tried putting your most beloved type tube in the DEC685 and pull the Zbox out of the chain?   I was thinking DEC685 via DSRII's to CSP2 and CSP2 via DSRII's out to the monoblocks with no ZBox in the mix..   Dave Smiley

Hey Dave, today I took the ZBox out of the mix again.

Wow, it's different now than the last time. There's hardly any difference. . . MAYBE a tiny bit of bass not there now, MAYBE a tiny bit of "ease" not there. . . BUT . . .a bit more dynamic contrast and I'm going to leave it this way for a bit, and draw a larger conclusion later.  Thanks again for the suggestion.  It sure is a "simpler" path.

Thank God for Saturday mornings.  I get to listen to about four hours of music at least.  And I really need it.  I had the week from HELL.

IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 05/05/07 at 17:36:31

Good news Lon that you can rest from your week today and enjoy your system Cool    

The Zbox seems like it could be quite the experimental peice in your system and easy to take in and out.  I guess I was thinking that with the right tube in your player you would really be shortening the signal path with the Zbox out, and that can be a good thing, but then again maybe not.     Dave Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #22 - 05/05/07 at 18:33:32

Well. . .there is a "magic" that the ZBox has that is addictive. . .I already miss something.  But not much.

Listening to some Louis Armstrong now.  Nothing better.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #23 - 05/05/07 at 19:01:56

Guess what Dave?  I put in the new RVG edition of Roland Kirk's "Kirk's Work" on Prestige/Concord. . . and the organ had a glarey bite that it didn't have earlier this morning when I put it on. . .

So I took five minutes to put the ZBox back in. . . well. . . it's like the porridge that Goldilocks chose now. . . "just right."

Yes, I'm fickle.  Yes, I'm happy right now with the Zbox back in. . . . It has just this "easy weight" that I missed.

IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 05/06/07 at 00:44:34

Great experiment Lon. At least you know for sure now and you know your system very well, and if the Zbox give's it that "somethin,somethin'' then thats a good thing....  Dave Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print