monoblock puzzler (Read 801 times)
theloniouscrunk
Verified Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

monoblock puzzler
02/09/07 at 18:17:06

Hello out there!
Yet another soul confuzed by monoblocking selects.  I bought a used cs, brought it home, bridged it the appropriate way (by connecting possitive to negative binding posts and using an interconnect on the front terminals) and I only have half-loudness--my other select is blasting away.  Funny, though, in stereo mode with the new cs, it plays at full power.  I have trouble shot with new interconnects (Steve's suggestion), speakers, tubes, rectifiers, hooked to the preamp, not to the preamp--everything.  My question is for all of yous who actually passed highschool physics, is could one of the binding posts be flipped internally so when I think I am hooking up neg to poss I am actually hooking it poss to poss?  Would it still play in stereo if this is the case?
Help!

IP Logged
rmt
Seasoned Member

NIbbelin NFX

Re: monoblock puzzler
Reply #1 - 02/14/07 at 04:25:14

Are you sure the second amp is a standard CS?  I saw a post recently where a person thought they had two Selects and found out the second one they bought was modified or maybe a kit.  I don't exactly remember, but the point was the amps were not identical.

Select, CSP2 upgrade, Dec 685, DSRii, home built Nibbelin NFX w/DFR-8s, Klipsch RF-7, SE34.I, Zbox
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print