Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/23/14 at 15:20:26

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finally joined the resistance... (Read 3702 times)
robinson_a
Ex Member

Finally joined the resistance...
07/06/04 at 19:51:23

After years of being your "typical" audiophile I've started over from scratch and this time I've decided to do it right. No more space heaters and VW engines powering speakers that weigh more than the gross national product for me! No offense to those of you on this forum but I once thought you were all a little nuts, until I heard my friend's little Zen on my old pair of Soliloquy's. Awe inspiring. But like a "typical" audiophile I thought by throwing more money at my system I could get better. Sadly, and many credit card bills later, I was proven wrong. So, out with the old and in with the ZEN! Now I just have to be patient and wait three weeks before it gets here.   Sad You're all onto something here and I can't wait to be a part of it. Thanks to Steve for being patient with me these past months, you finally made me see the light. Can't wait to share my experiences with you all. Take care.

IP Logged
Lon
Ex Member

Re: Finally joined the resistance...
Reply #1 - 07/06/04 at 19:54:01

Congratulations!  Try to be patient!  :)  It will be worth the wait!

IP Logged
mullman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/06/04 at 20:11:30

Congrats Robinson_a!

We who are Zen inmates salute you!
Looking forward to reading about your experiences on your journey to a new system.

IP Logged
Terry
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/06/04 at 21:26:28

Funny how a little two watt per channel amplifier can change ones perception of what makes music sound good over a pair of speakers.

Your experience sounds similar to mine, and I imagine many others here.  I once thought of tube amp people as a cult, as they used these weird words to discribe their experience with tube amps.  Likewise no one for the longest time could make sense as to why tube amps sounded "better" to them.  I don't feel as though I look at tube amps they way they were discribed to me in the begining, but I do feel they make music that it is much more difficult to get with solid state amplification, not impossible but more difficult.

TG Grin

IP Logged
thedude
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/07/04 at 00:18:49

Welcome to the party 8)

IP Logged
Mrdi
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/07/04 at 01:12:16

Sometimes the smaller parties are the most fun!

Welcome Aboard.

Mrdi

IP Logged
Tr3vWh0r3
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/07/04 at 02:21:14

Earlier tonight I heard the Zen sound better than it ever has. Don't let the innitial sound fool you, it gets better and better and better... I have had 2 dreams about this amp. Both times it was damaged and I freaked out, so it must be making an impression.

IP Logged
Rocket_Ronny
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/07/04 at 02:24:21

Way to go Robinson.

Up the Revolution!   Cheesy

Rocket_Ronny

IP Logged
Doorman
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/26/06 at 04:19:16

Welcome to the "Lunatic-Fringe"! Don't forget to post your impressions!
                                                          Don

IP Logged
bo
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/26/06 at 18:29:55

[quote author=robinson_a  link=1167106368/0#0 date=1089139883]So, out with the old and in with the ZEN! Now I just have to be patient and wait three weeks before it gets here.   Sad You're all onto something here and I can't wait to be a part of it. Thanks to Steve for being patient with me these past months, you finally made me see the light. Can't wait to share my experiences with you all. Take care.   [/quote]

What kind of speakers you choose for the Zen?

IP Logged
selmerdave
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/03/07 at 23:10:31

Man, where do these threads from two years ago come from?

Dave

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 01/03/07 at 23:20:19

[quote author=selmerdave  link=1167106368/0#10 date=1167865831]Man, where do these threads from two years ago come from?

Dave [/quote]

The Twilight Zone  ???

IP Logged
robinson_a
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 01/03/07 at 23:24:38

Wow, this is an old post. I'm with Selmerdave in saying where do these posts from two years ago come from? While I continue to follow Decware's developments and enjoy the forums from time to time, I've backed off my involvement on these forums due to the fact that I am now an industry insider if you will. I don't know what the rules are for this forum regarding folks in the business but I thought it best not to test my fate by potentially breaking them. I have taken a job as an Editor for a large Home Theater publication and have since shifted my focus away from two channel audio to HT and Multi-channel music. I'm more than happy to contribute further to the Decware forums however, again, I didn't want to cause any ill effects or what not by doing so without permission first. Happy listening and a happy New Year to you all.

Andrew

« Last Edit: 01/03/07 at 23:27:14 by Andrew Robinson »  
  IP Logged
Mike W
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 01/04/07 at 12:25:30

Do you still listen to the Zen?

IP Logged
magicsound
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 01/06/07 at 00:02:57

[quote author=Doorman  link=1167106368/0#8 date=1167106756]Welcome to the "Lunatic-Fringe"! Don't forget to post your impressions! [/quote]

So you're the one who resurrected this post. But, yeah, that's two years of evaluation, you owe us some feedback.

M GrinN

« Last Edit: 01/06/07 at 00:05:34 by magicsound »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print