07/28/14 at 15:32:08

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to Decware Zbox!! (Read 1498 times)
NickinTroy
Ex Member

New to Decware Zbox!!
12/15/06 at 02:06:23

:-* :Dh i well I been an audiofile for some time and now I am trying out the decware stuff I am starting out with the zbox which will arrive the monday the 18 ( my birthday yeah!)very eager to here and comment ,also very interested in the zen Tori Mk11,well that's it for now, Nick

IP Logged
Doorman
Ex Member

Re: New to Decware Zbox!!
Reply #1 - 12/15/06 at 02:56:00

Welcome, Nick. Be sure and post your impressions of the Zbox.
                                                       Don

IP Logged
Lon
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/15/06 at 03:51:57

Welcome Nick!

Troy. . . Ohio?  (Probably not).  

I think you're going to enjoy the Zbox.

IP Logged
magicsound
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/15/06 at 14:39:19

CAUTION: Sleepless Nights Ahead!

IP Logged
veryoldcat
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/15/06 at 16:53:35

Also welcome, Nick,

I can't live w/o mine, as it brings cd's within a tolerable range (however barely). You won't believe how much more tolerable cd's are with it, especially if your ears have been tuned to vinyl, though vinyl still beats all.

If, when you first plug it in, you put on a cd recording of some piano music with some high intensity playing, you'll notice much better transparence in high intensity massed overtones and that tonal color is much more convincing. The sound could be described as more relaxed and less confused/stressful, as though your ear had done yoga breathing to relax.

I've noticed that overmixed and over-homogenized recent pop and recent jazz recordings don't have enough timbral detail and overtones to show much of a difference.

My most recent discovery is how great 12BH7's are in the zbox given my Dec685 source.

Karl

IP Logged
NickinTroy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/20/06 at 19:56:59

:Hi Nick here,yes I got my zbox yesterday and I spoke with steve today he says it wil sound smooother after about 3 weeks or so,out of the gate vocals are better and piano much improved,simbals have the greatest improvement so far ,have to wait til bresk in to comment further,so far I'm satistied,Nick

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print