11/26/14 at 13:59:39

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
parker speakers (Read 1797 times)
tomp
Ex Member

parker speakers
12/09/06 at 17:13:13

I am thinking about Parker speakers for my SE84C.

Anyone using the 95's or the Trolls?

I have Omega Super 3's now, 93 db efficient at 8 omhs.
They are very good but would like more weight.

IP Logged
brettjm
Ex Member

Re: parker speakers
Reply #1 - 12/09/06 at 17:30:41

I've had the 95s for almost five years now, and love em. They truly disappear and have a nice laid back presence. Imaging is all there even in smaller rooms and nearfield listening. From what I hear they can fill a larger room as well. It's hard to think of better value in loudspeakers.

IP Logged
bo
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/11/06 at 02:50:09

I have the 95 signatures; I think I was one of the first. My cabinets were made by Bob Z here on the forums and Dave provided me with internal copper ribbon wiring. I like them a lot. I use a sub with them but I like lots of bass authority and would use a sub with any speaker I own.
The Parkers 95 drivers are fast and the ribbon tweeters are musical. My 2watt Select drives the Parkers enough to fill my large living room easily.

You canít go wrong with them.

IP Logged
change_out
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/11/06 at 03:09:14

Howdy Tomp,

I don't know of a better synergy for the Zen "C" than the Parkers.

Tim

IP Logged
rayd
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/12/06 at 22:14:34

I have the 95 Mark 1's with the dome tweeter and am using a Select which drives them well and yes, they will get plenty loud. I am using them w/o a sub and get more than adequate base for my listening habits.

An interesting thing about them: Den (D in MA) on the forum, brought over his Eastern Electric MiniMax PP amp (8w) and pre earlier this year. Holy crap! how they sounded with the Parkers. Tremendous! They took on a different dimension and have me thinking about a more powerful SE amp (not sure I want a PP).

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/13/06 at 18:07:24

Tomp, do you want to buy my Parkers?  I have the Crusaders = the 95 and Troll combined with outboard plate amp.  I like them....I just don't use them enough....I rotate a few pair of speakers.  

I paid $1130.00 including the plate amp and have the original boxes and packing (receipt too).  I took delivery of them 11/29/05....just over a year ago.  They are in mint condition.  Let me know....win win situation on this end....will keep them forever in my pool table room.....or I'm obviously willing to sell them. Your welcome to email me....my address is posted in profile.

Stone of Tone

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print