Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/20/14 at 17:15:57

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Decware Taboo or Triode or Almarro A205 (Read 5600 times)
DaveCan
Ex Member

Re: Decware Taboo or Triode or Almarro A205
Reply #15 - 09/01/06 at 15:04:31

[quote author=Jolojl . I think it's rated at 2 X 5 W at 8 ohm. My Snells are 90 db/w and 8 ohm (I think). As mentioned I have no volume problem, and when I changed to Anti-Cables bass response reappeared (along with better mids and highs, and soundstage, and imaging, and music, and ...   Smiley ).

I envy you a little bit DaveCan for your Taboo  :)

Well it took me a long time to get one and alot of hard work to put the money aside. I wanted to build a system that I would feel comfortable with and not feel I needed to upgrade all the time ( money doesn't come easy for me). With the Taboo and my fe108 drivers I feel I've made good permanent choices. All I need now to do this combo justice is get a cd player thats worthy, and that is my next and hopefully final purchase.

Sounds like you would have no problem with the 2x6w at 8ohm of the Taboo.
                                    Dave Smiley

IP Logged
chrisby
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 09/01/06 at 16:48:45

[quote author=DaveCan  link=1156767168/15#15 date=1157119471][quote author=Jolojl . I think it's rated at 2 X 5 W at 8 ohm. My Snells are 90 db/w and 8 ohm (I think). As mentioned I have no volume problem, and when I changed to Anti-Cables bass response reappeared (along with better mids and highs, and soundstage, and imaging, and music, and ...   Smiley ).

I envy you a little bit DaveCan for your Taboo  :)

Well it took me a long time to get one and alot of hard work to put the money aside. I wanted to build a system that I would feel comfortable with and not feel I needed to upgrade all the time ( money doesn't come easy for me). With the Taboo and my fe108 drivers I feel I've made good permanent choices. All I need now to do this combo justice is get a cd player thats worthy, and that is my next and hopefully final purchase.

Sounds like you would have no problem with the 2x6w at 8ohm of the Taboo.

Dave Smiley [/quote]

Dave:  no argument from this quarter that any Zen amp / Fostex FR combination is a very good choice

but tubed audio, "permanent choices" ,  and "final purchase"  is  at the least improbable, if not an oxymoron   Kiss

hope to see ya this weekend at Daves

« Last Edit: 09/01/06 at 16:49:22 by chrisby »  
  IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 09/02/06 at 04:14:14

Your right chrisby, I'm already thinking the CSP2 along with a worthy cd player and a tuner would be what I want as a complete system  :'(   I need a better wallet in my back pocket mines all scrawny!!!     Dave Smiley

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 09/12/06 at 12:17:06

Jolojl, I run Polk LS90's 90db 8ohm with a #76 Zen Select.  The key is/as with your Snells is an appropriate small room acoustically treated, you in the dialed in sweet spot, the speakers tweaked with tip toes and vibropods underneath them.  I listen at 74 to 78db SPL with these speakers which is plenty loud (in my room/size).  
What do they deliver over high efficiency?  For me, better timbre and resonance of instruments with an organic quality and of course great imaging is there and soundstage depth and width....and not just with my best recordings!  However, if you need a higher SPL and are in 24 by 17 room and can't treat the walls you need a little more power.  

Stone of Tone

IP Logged
Jolojl
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 09/12/06 at 15:52:12

Hi stone_of_tone, DaveCan and chrisby for your comments!

I've had an ad out to buy a Taboo or an Almarro and when I didn't receive any answer I ordered a Charlize (I received one offer on an Almarro but then it was too late  :( ). Hopefully Charlize will arrive this week (with Black Gates instead of Elna Smiley ). I haven't given up on the Taboo (stone_of_tone: I think this is the integrated I will try, just to be on the safe side) or the Almarro, speciallly not now when I'm hoping to get hold of a pair of vintage Tannoy Monitor Gold 10''. But a tube amp has to wait for a month or two, at least. And maybe I will start looking at combining a tube pre with Charlize (if I fall in love with her, that is...). Any comments on adding a tube pre to the Charlize?  ???

Jolojl

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print