09/02/14 at 06:05:33

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with CSP (Read 2357 times)
Mr Content
Ex Member

Help with CSP
04/28/06 at 06:17:38

Hi Guys. I am going to try and fix my pre myself. I have changed all the tubes, and they all light up and get warm, but there is no sound. Where should I check next. I have a digital multimeter, and half a brain. Grin Thanks for your help. Smiley

Mr C

IP Logged
gnat leader
Ex Member

Re: Help with CSP
Reply #1 - 04/28/06 at 07:28:28

Hi C,
Wish I could help ya but I don't know where to start.

Btw, thanks to  your comments my Charlize project is underway.
Will prob use it for a second system. What mod's have you done to yours?  I've almost got the chassis work  finished and ready to start soldering...

« Last Edit: 04/28/06 at 07:30:44 by Brad »  
  IP Logged
Mr Content
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/28/06 at 08:00:13

Nice case Brad. Where did you get it. I tried a few different brand caps, but in the end went back to the caps that came with it. Different caps = different flavors, but not better. The biggest improvement was soldering the input IC's and speaker cables straight to the board. Also, don't worry about caps in the supply line, I tried lots of different values up to 10,000uf, and like it much better without any. Give it about 50 hours and try it in your main system. Thanks for for the reply. Grin

Mr C

IP Logged
selmerdave
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/28/06 at 13:42:12

I would measure the plate voltages on each of the tubes, so power it up upside-down or on it's side with the bottom off.  *DO NOT* touch anything on the inside (with your fingers), but measure the voltages to ground at pins 1 and 6 of each of the 6922's (they are what it uses, right?).  These are DC voltages.  Be careful not to touch other things with the multimeter probes (try not to short other parts together).  I'm not sure what the design voltages would be, but if you're getting no voltage to the plates that would be a sign of something amiss in the power supply.

Dave

IP Logged
Mr Content
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/28/06 at 15:32:41

Thanks Dave. I will do that first thing in the morning. Smiley

Mr C

IP Logged
Mr Content
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/09/06 at 04:04:44

I am glad to tell everyone my CSP is now working again, dead quiet and sounding wonderful again Grin

Mr C

IP Logged
veryoldcat
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/09/06 at 05:47:39

waddidya do that fixed it, Nigel?

Karl

IP Logged
Mr Content
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/09/06 at 10:04:15

Hi Karl, a wire had come of the rectifyer base. Easy fix, now I want to mod it. I remember Steve saying you could take it to the next level, so I wanna Grin

Mr C

IP Logged
ado420
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/09/06 at 19:40:21

all u need now is a Zbox to mod alongside it, and then you'll be singing with more correct tone  :D

IP Logged
Mr Content
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/10/06 at 09:09:35

Getting there Smiley

Mr C

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print