Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
11/23/14 at 02:37:00

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
First build on WO and Im having trouble (Read 10434 times)
Jet-Lee
Ex Member

Re: First build on WO and Im having trouble
Reply #15 - 03/24/06 at 21:19:56

Cutout an access panel.

Well, cut a square (or circle) out, large enough for whatever uses, then make a small lip on the inside using strips of board. Put some weather stripping or something on it to seal it good, then re-attach your panel with some bolts and blind nuts. I say bolts so you can really tighten it down and not have to worry about stripping anything out.

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/24/06 at 22:01:51

the speaker amp is 1 ohm stable, the kenwood is defineatly not. I have the same amp.

DVC subs will have 2 pair of terminals, wether the are stacked, both on the same side or on oppostite sides, depends on the make and model.  If the model number you bought is dvc they are DVC.

IP Logged
DothisClueless
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 03/27/06 at 17:46:12

Hey J-Rock you have the same amp, does yours overheat easily? Mine does. I have the bass from my head unit at -6 sensitivity on the amp maybe halfway, bass boost maybe 3/4 at 55 hz LPF at 15 hz and when I turn the volume up to 22 (out of 30) I bump really hard, hair moves rear view is useless. But after like 10 minutes it overheats. Is there anything I can do other than turn it down?

« Last Edit: 03/27/06 at 17:49:44 by DothisClueless »  
  IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 03/27/06 at 19:43:31

How are your speakers wired up to the amp?  I have 2 ohm load and everything is aokay.  No overheating at all, the amp actually stays surprisingly cool.

If you lower the impedance though, a much higher level of current will flow through the amp causeing heat.  Which can then set off the autoprotection circuit.

If I remember correctly the amp is stable only to two ohms, not 1, so if you are running your speakers at 1 ohm, that would be the problem.

IP Logged
DothisClueless
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 03/27/06 at 20:54:52

Damn my life. I am under Murphy's law right now. Im pretty sure I smoked my amp. When I turn the ignition on it lights up but when the radio starts the little red light fades and I get no bass. I have two Pioneer 4 ohm 250 watt TSW 254's wired + to + - to - filling all 4 of the spots on the amp. If I had to take a shot at describing the wiring I would say independant because each + - has its own terminal. Hope that makes sense. In other words I just put the wires straight in. Im under the impression I wired it for a 4 ohm load. I dont know what else to do so tomorrow I will take my amp by a shop and have them test it. I dont see any other way the amp wouldnt work other than I smoked it. Its been working for 3 days on the same wiring and today I was blasting it pretty hard for about 10 minutes straight. It cut out and I turned the volume to 5 of 35 and it came back on like usual but then it cut out again and never came back on. Oh  :o 'ing well I hope the warranty covers it.

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 03/27/06 at 21:18:55

Sounds like a 4-ohm load to me. Let us know what you find out from the shop.

IP Logged
Learner_UK
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 03/28/06 at 19:20:53

Why dont u try taking pictures of wat u've done and post them. that way we can see wat you've actually done.

IP Logged
Pete
Verified Member

Reply #22 - 04/14/08 at 07:10:38

Hey, I've been a Decware fan for years, and just returned to the message boards this week. Hope I'm not too late on this post, but I had some advice for you regarding your Alpine head unit. I owned the 9807 (which I'm pretty sure was the year-older version of the 9847) for four years and it has been a great deck for me. As far as the subwoofer output is concerned, it won't work until you enable it in the head unit settings. To do this, if I can remember correctly, hold down the "F" button for 3 seconds until the settings menu comes up. Scroll through the options with the PREV/NEXT buttons until you get to the one that says "SUB OFF." Press the BAND button to change it to "SUB ON." Press the F button again to leave the settings menu. Then to turn the sub output up and down, push the rotary knob in until it says "SUB." Turn the knob up and down to control the level. Hope this helps!

IP Logged
Bart_West-VL.
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 04/14/08 at 17:16:57

You are a little too late, only two years. Cheesy

;)

IP Logged
Pete
Verified Member

Reply #24 - 04/14/08 at 18:41:17

Oh, wow. I totally didn't read it and assumed it was March of '08 and not '06. Open mouth, insert foot.  :-[ Guess I'll be sticking to the front page from now on.  ;D

IP Logged
Bart_West-VL.
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 04/14/08 at 20:41:26

No of course not, it's good to have more posters, less lurkers.
I just thought it was funny, that's all.
And I knew you didn't see the year  ::) Tongue

Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print