Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/14 at 16:11:12

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
WO32 construction: Part I (Read 9286 times)
mrezstreet
Ex Member

Re: WO32 construction: Part I
Reply #15 - 10/02/06 at 20:48:28

nice thang bout mdf dust....you can mix it with glue and patch you nail holes...... Smiley

IP Logged
Hellion
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 11/04/06 at 23:12:30

I rather like working with a certain type of cardboard.  I don't know what it's called, but it is very much like a mixture between MDF and paper with longer fibers.  

If you have ever seen the thick  cardboard that is compressed so hard that it is shiny on one side  and rough on the other, this is close to what I'm referring to.  unfortunately I have only ever found it on construction sites and usually in pretty large pieces because it seems to be some kind of packaging material so nobody actually wants it.

I just found a lumber warehouse that carries baltic birch marine grade plywood by ultraply.  This stuff is extremely nice looking, but is a little more difficult to cut with my  circular saw. (takes longer)

The ends sand nicely with no visible spaces between the layers.  Only one problem... I need a buisness liscence in order to buy it  ::)

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11/05/06 at 13:59:19

[quote author=Hellion  link=1140398223/15#16 date=1162681950]I rather like working with a certain type of cardboard.  I don't know what it's called, but it is very much like a mixture between MDF and paper with longer fibers.  

If you have ever seen the thick  cardboard that is compressed so hard that it is shiny on one side  and rough on the other, this is close to what I'm referring to.  unfortunately I have only ever found it on construction sites and usually in pretty large pieces because it seems to be some kind of packaging material so nobody actually wants it.

I just found a lumber warehouse that carries baltic birch marine grade plywood by ultraply.  This stuff is extremely nice looking, but is a little more difficult to cut with my  circular saw. (takes longer)

The ends sand nicely with no visible spaces between the layers.  Only one problem... I need a buisness liscence in order to buy it  ::)
[/quote]
im sure you can find someone with a license to buy you a few sheets for a 6 pack.

IP Logged
aznboi3644
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 11/22/06 at 05:23:08

[quote author=mrezstreet  link=1140398223/15#15 date=1159818508]nice thang bout mdf dust....you can mix it with glue and patch you nail holes...... Smiley
[/quote]

I do the exact same thing...it works a lot better than wood putty...kinda like wood bondo.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print