Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
10/26/14 at 09:53:08

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
built a db10....review...? (Read 8962 times)
PC
Verified Member

Whatever floats ya
boat

Re: built a db10....review...?
Reply #15 - 11/12/07 at 03:59:43

You shouldnt need all that power to get a clean result  :-? - remember Steve's motto if the first watt sucks, why continue?- - I'm only using a 50W channel from HT amp across all 4 Voice coils - with great results! (the total rated max power handling for both drivers is 1000W - so I still got a lot of headroom! Cool)

If I were you, I'd keep looking at the suggestions made by the others in their comments above.

Tuning by electric motor and remote control - you're a nutbag!

What happened to your pictures Stig?

IP Logged
sfh
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 12/11/07 at 06:33:05

hello..  

been at hospital and got my self a new eardrum (or whatever you call it Huh) and been off work for 1.5months

but..got some pics for you..  :P  ::)

and here`s my current sub, the adire shiva "sonosub" 3.3cuft @ 22hz  8-)

IP Logged
sfh
Verified Member

Reply #17 - 12/11/07 at 06:40:05

PC wrote on 11/12/07 at 03:59:43:
You shouldnt need all that power to get a clean result  :-? - remember Steve's motto if the first watt sucks, why continue?- - I'm only using a 50W channel from HT amp across all 4 Voice coils - with great results! (the total rated max power handling for both drivers is 1000W - so I still got a lot of headroom! Cool)

If I were you, I'd keep looking at the suggestions made by the others in their comments above.

Tuning by electric motor and remote control - you're a nutbag!

What happened to your pictures Stig?

kinda wrong  :P  you need more watts to get the most out of the speaker..especially at the lows...at high levels.. and since i tried it with just 100~150wrms it was most likely distorting..at the lows..
i got a 250wrms plateamp on the shiva now, and at (very) high levels it`s distorted at the lows, because the amp wont handle it.. a 700wrms could do better at those levels;)
low sens speakers = more watts to get them moving.

-stig

« Last Edit: 12/11/07 at 06:41:22 by sfh »  
  IP Logged
Adrian
Seasoned Member

Formerly known as
'Adrian D.'

Reply #18 - 12/15/07 at 16:03:38

Willing to post a quick somparison with the shiva ?  :D

Too much bass never hurts, or does it ?
  IP Logged
sfh
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 12/21/07 at 15:59:17

the db cant be compared to the shiva;) and its like bandpass compared to ported..  in my room the shiva goes low, feels like endless lows and its loud enough for me with 250wrms on both music and movies..and sounds like an `universal` sub..
the db didnt go that low, whatever the tuning..of course..maybe the hertz sub i used didnt fit the db design and sounds poo compared to a decware 10"..

tho it could be fun to try shiva with 5-600wrms++  8-)

more fun is that i`m getting two re audio xxx18v4`s in my walled car, a vw stw... 54mm xmax, 22cuft net, 25hz tuning/250sqin port, 10kw rms amp.. tempted to put it all in the livingroom and tuning at 20hz and watch a couples of movies..hehe...

IP Logged
Adrian
Seasoned Member

Formerly known as
'Adrian D.'

Reply #20 - 12/22/07 at 07:48:29

Gotcha Smiley
Thanks for the comparison.
Dang xxx's. I found some motors for cheap (older ones) but shipping is far too expensive  >:(

Too much bass never hurts, or does it ?
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print