Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/03/14 at 01:17:26

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is the Deathbox right for my music/system? (Read 6656 times)
SuperJETT
Ex Member

Re: Is the Deathbox right for my music/system?
Reply #15 - 01/12/06 at 14:09:54

I will.  If I go the sealed route, I'll probably glass in an enclosure in a corner of the trunk similar to what I had in my Saturn coupe back in the day.  I had 2 Kicker 12's in sealed enclosures in the sides of the trunk---kept my of my storage space but 2 12's sounded pretty good in that small car.

IP Logged
SuperJETT
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 01/14/06 at 00:34:54

Subs came in today, nice looking.  It's amazing to me the difference 13 years or so makes since the last time I bought subs---Kicker comp10's I think.  Technology has really changed.

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 01/14/06 at 05:57:29

well, this particular sub looks diffrent from other modern subs just because of the basket.

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01/14/06 at 17:44:15

The comparison between the sealed infinity and DB infinity, when I had to make it awhile back, came down not to sound, but rather volume.

I was amazed at how the DB was just as fast as a sealed box and clean, yet it was loud like a ported version.

Good luck, Myself and two friends took several days to decide.

IP Logged
SuperJETT
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 01/16/06 at 20:09:44

I picked up my MDF yesterday---our minivan can handle 4x8 sheets flat on the floor, but MDF is 49x97.  Oh man, barely got it in, barely.  That one inch almost made me get it cut in 1/2.

Got it home, and ended up getting sick.  I did get the cuts laid out, but I'm not sure when I'll be up to doing them, I'm just very weak right now.

IP Logged
SuperJETT
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 01/25/06 at 15:21:19

Well, I've made the decision that I like the sealed box better for my Infinity 10".  Anyone need a Deathbox?  I've even got a brand new Infinity 10" to go with it.

I ended up with the baffle barely covering the port (maybe 1/2") but decided to build a sealed box since I had the wood and tools out and whipped it out in about an hour.  For my type of music, I like the sealed better.

« Last Edit: 01/25/06 at 15:26:36 by SuperJETT »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print