Re: adding an infinity
Reply #15 - 01/21/06 at 18:49:26

Yeah I guess I do take the DB apart alot....  hehe

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 01/21/06 at 19:01:41

i don't know how i did it, but i also took mine apart lots of times (i replaced the 45 deg angled board and the front panel). it's not gonna be easy if i want to build one out of mdf and paint it. maybe i would have to make the rear and bottom panel removable or i would have to build it perfectly or i would have to restrain myself when i want to tweak.
superjett, remember to post some pics, or at least a review Wink

« Last Edit: 01/21/06 at 19:01:54 by adi_ro »  
  IP Logged
SuperJETT
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 01/23/06 at 00:37:03

Mine is built, haven't had time to test much though other than just hitting a couple of test tones to try it out since I only have 1 RCA to my amp---which reminds me I need to run the other.  

My gut feeling is I won't keep it, and will build a .75 cu ft sealed box.

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01/23/06 at 12:40:46

i had the same gut feeling when i first tested mine : i won't keep it, i wasted money and time. but as the sub burnt-in and i took some time to tune it and MOST importantly, crossed it low (below 80hz) i began to like it. for a whole month i had a 12" cheapie in a 2 cf ported to compare with the db-10 + cheapie combo. the 12" got lower (duh, it's normal), spl was comparable, but sq was much better on the db-10. not sure about sealed.
anyway, you can't expect to hit waaay below 25 with a 10 Wink
i say build both boxes (since you have 2 infinities) and do an A-B comparison : same amp, same gains, SAME MUSIC.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print