Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/02/14 at 12:57:45

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What to use for the enclosure ? (Read 5313 times)
Rap
Ex Member

Re:   What to use for the enclosure ?
Reply #15 - 11/18/05 at 20:51:12

3/4 inch concrete can be very strong especially if reinforced and high grade + fiber embedded + micro silica ect. ect.
One of the good things about concrete is there is a lot of documentation and info. Personally I use repair concrete like CR-60 (with some personal additives)  :-* very strong stuff

« Last Edit: 11/18/05 at 20:51:36 by Rap »  
  IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 11/18/05 at 21:35:57

Mix in some shredded up fiberglass, that should keep it together pretty damned well.

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11/18/05 at 22:50:46

Well thats a good idea but when I think of concrete, I think of pretty big chucks of rocks and sand. But I have used that light stuff they use on floors in appartments. Its more of an epoxy than a concrete.
fiberglass and I go way back to the Car audio and boat building days. I bought a ton of Matt for my Imperial I never used and could use it inside and add a gel coat so make it glass like.
But thats too much effort and expense.

Placement test is a good idea and if I was to use concrete It would be an imperial sub but not a SO or a WO 32.

Man do I have lego! but not that much.

All ideas actually have merit, because even the wierd ones spark ideas.

I am going to a specialty wood working store to check some stuff out tommorrow in the big city.
( lee valley tools)

Can't start building until the Xmas bills are taken care of, so like I said I have time to really use the imagination.

« Last Edit: 11/18/05 at 22:54:40 by gexter »  
  IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 11/18/05 at 22:58:18

You can have my legos if you let me help build it, just to say we built a lego WO.

IP Logged
bnew63
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 11/18/05 at 23:45:35

Ferro cement is used in boat building and is very strong.One could build a collapsible inside form,cover it with a few layers of diamond lath and cover with a strong mpa motar.
It would only need to be 0ne or two inches thick so it would still be some what portable.
                         Brian

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 11/19/05 at 02:33:21

[quote author=J_Rock  link=1132239328/15#18 date=1132354698]You can have my legos if you let me help build it, just to say we built a lego WO. [/quote]

a little acetone a lot of legos. Hmmmmm ???
It would be funky thats fer sure. I be way up in Canada ther Lad.
It would be blast building with a fellow dewareite, but I thinks we be far apart

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print