Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
08/29/14 at 04:18:23

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
scale down - relocate drivers *PICTURE* (Read 9775 times)
Jet-Lee
Ex Member

Re: scale down - relocate drivers *PICTURE*
Reply #15 - 11/11/05 at 16:48:34

That was my main concern.

I thought about the speed of sound, 344m/s.

Line out a sine wave, of a specific frequency, for 344 meters. This simulates the wave from the front of the cone. Now line out a cosine wave for that same 344 meters. This represent the wave from the back of the cone. These would cancel each other out. Offset the cosine wave enough that the two waves line up. Take the length of offset, scale it way down, and make that the distance from the port to the cone. Problem solved.

Really screwed up way of thinking, but I've got NO cancellation of any frequency from 90hz (x-over) down. I used a CD I have with a sloooowwww sweep from 100hz down. I am thoroughly impressed with myself.

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 11/11/05 at 18:15:56

[quote author=Jet-Lee  link=1130878736/15#15 date=1131727714]That was my main concern.

I thought about the speed of sound, 344m/s.

Line out a sine wave, of a specific frequency, for 344 meters. This simulates the wave from the front of the cone. Now line out a cosine wave for that same 344 meters. This represent the wave from the back of the cone. These would cancel each other out. Offset the cosine wave enough that the two waves line up. Take the length of offset, scale it way down, and make that the distance from the port to the cone. Problem solved.

Really screwed up way of thinking, but I've got NO cancellation of any frequency from 90hz (x-over) down. I used a CD I have with a sloooowwww sweep from 100hz down. I am thoroughly impressed with myself. [/quote]

i guess you got it figured out then? your a better man than me Grin

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11/11/05 at 19:28:32

Got it figured out, but I'm no better than the next guy. I'm sure someones got some big calculation using wavelength numbers, and this that and the other. I just figured...hey, speed of sound...do this.

I can't find any 10" Blaupunkt PSw1000's for somewhat cheap.....guess they weren't a big hit.

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 11/11/05 at 20:56:59

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=293-452
likely not much of a hit but still pretty cool looking. I would not say cheap but not too bad.

It was just a thought that crossed my mind when I saw the subs  looking at me like two huge eyeballs.
In my mind I even painted bloodshot lines on them!
way too cool   Smiley

The speed of sound static? now thats cool Grin

« Last Edit: 11/11/05 at 20:58:15 by gexter »  
  IP Logged
grec13
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 02/25/08 at 05:27:44

it looks exactly what  i had in  mind and searched for 3 months. i'l like to use it from 50 to 300hz. is Jet-Lee mode good for it? does anyone have sizes? i could't get it from forum.
my pm  aura2006@list.ru  :o
thanks a lot Jet Lee.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print