04/16/14 at 05:40:28

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Outdoor use :D (Read 5092 times)
bnew63
Ex Member

Re: Outdoor use :D
Reply #15 - 10/25/05 at 00:26:06

Polyureathane glue is a great adhesive/joint filler.A circular saw would be a great time saver and really don't cost that much.It would allow you to cut almost all of the angles a simple jig would allow you to cut the rest.

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 10/25/05 at 12:44:25

I said before that i'll measure all the panels i'll have to cut and order them (guess i'll draw a 1/10 scale plan and measure everything). my concern was with the angles. i'm using the money for the table saw to buy an active x-over Cheesy
2 pics from my db-10 revisit (i changed the front panel because the on the first i cut the halfmoon too big and the angled panel in the baffle)

just to take a look at the build.
anyways, i'm not afraid of using the ol' wood rasp and sandpaper. my blade also wobbles a bit, that's why i'm afraid to cut long parts. the 45 deg cut on panel f actually turned out perfect with the help of sandpaper
Thanks again for your help.
after i'll build my first wo, i'll post impressions and pics. till then i'll try iso-loading my db-10.

« Last Edit: 10/25/05 at 13:07:17 by adi_ro »  
  IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 10/25/05 at 13:16:02

particle board !
pretty straight cuts, you used a jigsaw? looks nice.
I think your WO is going to be just as nice as your DB. That glue/caulking would be a very idea with that material and the jigsaw cuts.
Having the sealed chamber sealed would be 1 if I was using partical board.
Over here that stuff is partical board  not MDF. It will not stand up to heavy use. But is has worked out fine for some.

thanks for the pics

gex

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 10/25/05 at 14:00:19

Thanks. the only jigsaw cuts were those for speaker holes. the other cuts were done by the guys at the furniture shop with a very high speed saw.
is this stuff leaky ? because i didn't have problems yet.
heavy use ? i'll surely use two speakers just like the one in the pics and i guess they'll get full power (80 w each) almost all the time. i just hope it won't blow. i plan to put an infinity reference in the db-10. do you think particle board will survive ?
i'll check at the shop to see if they don't happen to have mdf instead of particle board.

« Last Edit: 10/25/05 at 14:01:45 by adi_ro »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print