Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Question for Ziggy. (Read 6148 times)
zinker
Ex Member

Re: Question for Ziggy.
Reply #15 - 10/21/05 at 22:10:13

Brad,
I am assuming that you sold your other pair of modified 206s. I had been hoping that you were going to spring for having the spare set gelled and give us a report on the difference.
I  ordered the new passives after reading about your experience with upgrading to the Alt tuning and since you seem to be more adventurous than most with mods to the HDTs I intended to follow your lead. How's that for pressure? Kiss

OK Corey, all ears are awaiting your report!

Anyway, I am off to pick up the bottle of weldbond that I hunted down locally. Anyone still looking for it can order it online from Dick Blick (an art supply store).
Happy Modding!
John

IP Logged
ziggy
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 10/21/05 at 22:13:31

John,

Your passives are on the way, put them in the UPS drivers hands myself.

Don't forgt about the rest of the mods that goes along with the passives.

Mod away
    Bob Z.

IP Logged
Hrappur
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 10/21/05 at 22:18:55

Ziggy is it posible just to buy the new pasives with out the other stuff? I already have the foam in place and the longer ports.

IP Logged
ziggy
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 10/21/05 at 22:47:40

Hrappur,

Yes it is, they cost $54.00 plus shipping.

Bob Z.

IP Logged
Hrappur
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 10/21/05 at 22:55:51

Thanks Ziggy, think IŽll have to order some, canŽt stand hearing about them much longer and having to wonder how they sound Wink

« Last Edit: 10/21/05 at 22:56:11 by Rap »  
  IP Logged
brad
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 10/21/05 at 23:56:49

[quote author=zinker  link=1129235225/15#15 date=1129929013]Brad,
I am assuming that you sold your other pair of modified 206s. I had been hoping that you were going to spring for having the spare set gelled and give us a report on the difference.
I  ordered the new passives after reading about your experience with upgrading to the Alt tuning and since you seem to be more adventurous than most with mods to the HDTs I intended to follow your lead. How's that for pressure? Kiss

OK Corey, all ears are awaiting your report!

Anyway, I am off to pick up the bottle of weldbond that I hunted down locally. Anyone still looking for it can order it online from Dick Blick (an art supply store).
Happy Modding!
John [/quote]

I still have the extra set of drivers. Yes, I'll likely hang on to them for use when (if I ever get around to it Smiley ) getting my drivers gelled.  Also, I have a pair of back-horn cabinets (design/pic given below) that are all cut out but not put together that I'll probably eventually put them in and sell (as I didn't realize it before cutting all the wood that these cabinets are too big for my room!).

http://gallery.audioasylum.com/cgi/view.mpl?UserImages=21168

« Last Edit: 10/22/05 at 00:04:29 by Brad »  
  IP Logged
zinker
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 10/22/05 at 04:27:14

Thanks Bob!
I plan to use some rope caulk to hold the new passives in place temporarily so I can still make adjustments to the inside if need be.
I just installed the port extensions. I had to remove the extra bracing below the speaker and passive holes to get them in, but everything worked out fine.
I had installed the foam durring the construction. I used the 1-1/2" black acoustic foam that Parts Expess sells instead of the 1" thick mattress pad foam that Steve suggested. Do you think this will affect the sound? Also, do I need any additional materials inside such as felt or stuffing?

John

IP Logged
ziggy
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 10/26/05 at 00:45:47

John,

Just the foam, there 6 pieces in each cabinet. I don't think the different type of foam would make that big of difference.

BobZ.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print