Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/22/14 at 07:16:01

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Has anyone built a 12" WO32 (Read 5436 times)
gexter
Ex Member

Re: Has anyone built a 12" WO32
Reply #15 - 11/27/05 at 18:17:38

The WO and the WO32 are not true horns if all the stuff I have been going through lately is true. The WO32 is a tapered pipe that you could call a horn.
I have been spending alot of time just reading lately instead of creating and building.

There are so many free great designs like the WO. Why look at the WO32? its a presision piece that has a specific purpose not unlike the soon to come Imp SO.

They are not just plain subs. If you have not built a WO, I encourage you to do so with no mods at first. It is such a versatile box and it has the unique feature is that it shares a horn throat like the 32.

If you still want to build the WO32 then wait until you can get the plans. It took me about three months to drag the funds out of my house fund. Now I am waiting for more coin to build it to near flawlessness.
I had to put money and time into other areas of late, So I wait, research and design.

If I was building a ( kickin) sub and had the room it would be based on Steves Imperial the non SO. without the room for an Imp I would go with a WO. I feel it is more accurate and flexible than the  HWK or DB.

INMHO that is

Others have other opinions
But I know what I like and not really concerned about other opinions when I have developed a specific taste in sound over the last while.

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 11/27/05 at 18:28:33

i also thought the h.w.would be kinda big ouput small sq box,  i was wrong. Grin  its a huge output great sq box. Wink

IP Logged
Resonant
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11/27/05 at 20:54:17

Thanks for the advice everyone! Smiley
maibe thats just what i'l do, built a WO for now, and wait for the plans to make the perfect WO32.Unfortonatly the wood is green, it was the las piece of 20mm MDF in the store.Well at least its water resistent SmileyI'v built most the box already, just need to put the last piece where the speaker goes.How much volume should the open encloser have??
Can't wait to hear what decware's all about Cheesy Should have this built by tuesday
This forum rules!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print