11/28/14 at 21:58:20

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
WO with 12" drivers? (Read 6102 times)
qpalzm
Ex Member

Re: WO with 12" drivers?
Reply #15 - 10/26/05 at 03:24:34

That driver looks like it has a massive magnet! Great for preformance, but it will be a real challange fitting it into the WO
You know that you will have to tilt the baffle to fit the 12" in the box, but as you tilt it the outter rim of the magnet will hit into the side of the box.

Good Luck

IP Logged
bnew63
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 10/26/05 at 04:26:15

I had to route out a bit of the side wall to fit my 12"s in.These look even deeper in profile than my Emminence drivers.

IP Logged
richard03
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 10/26/05 at 11:10:16

your both correct it was much 'fun' getting the drivers in, but then again the real fun only starts once thats done .
Regarding the 10" throat, we got access to smaart live for some measurement, seemingly whilst crossing over on 24db butterworths at 30 and 86 hz the box was playing 125 hz very loud, admittedly this was indoors in a small room.
ive since removed the plasticine in the troat and will be taking more measurements tomorrrow,
im not ruling ot the 10" throat could work, just needs to be a more gradual transition i reackon....

someone mentoned lab horns earlier, given the choice of 4 wicked ones with decent drivers or 4 lab horns , i know what i'd be using

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 10/26/05 at 11:54:13

It may have been me, since I'm very curious about LAB horns and have not heard them, yet. Mainly, though I want to hear a WO loaded with the drivers designed for the LABs or rather about 8 of them with LAB drivers. I also would like to see a straight WO32 used from about 80Hz to about 400Hz for midbass in a 5-way system. I think 4 would mate nicely with 8 WOs. You would probably have to engineer a way to bolt them together after you set up, so they won't "creep" on ya, but I think it would be worth it.

........ that's just me being me ........ Grin

« Last Edit: 10/26/05 at 11:56:06 by DirtDawg »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print