Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/22/14 at 19:28:31

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The Radials Have Landed (Read 17789 times)
generic
Ex Member

Re: The Radials Have Landed
Reply #60 - 12/02/05 at 12:00:38

After three years of wanting a set of radials I have saved enough money to actually place my order.  Have also ordered a Select to power them.

Now I am in the process of reconstructing my 13x26x8 livingroom to attempt to replicate Steve's listening room.

When the new gear arrives my attention will be given to tuning the room with diffusers/bass traps and whatever else improves the audio experience.  It helps as there is no "committee" here to obtain approval for decorating changes from.

IP Logged
Mike W
Ex Member

Reply #61 - 12/02/05 at 12:34:08

[quote author=generic  link=1125423840/60#60 date=1133524838]After three years of wanting a set of radials I have saved enough money to actually place my order.  Have also ordered a Select to power them.

Now I am in the process of reconstructing my 13x26x8 livingroom to attempt to replicate Steve's listening room.

When the new gear arrives my attention will be given to tuning the room with diffusers/bass traps and whatever else improves the audio experience.  It helps as there is no "committee" here to obtain approval for decorating changes from. [/quote]

Most excellent!!! Keep us posted on your impressions. Pics would be real cool as well. Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Ex Member

Reply #62 - 12/02/05 at 12:56:12

You're going to be a very happy man!   Grin

Did you order the RL3s?

IP Logged
generic
Ex Member

Reply #63 - 12/02/05 at 13:15:00

Yes sir, Lon.  The 1.5's would have been just fine but I thought that these might just be my last so I bit the bullit.

Now, if I just had a small portion of your soft ware collection............

IP Logged
Lon
Ex Member

Reply #64 - 12/02/05 at 13:52:21

Hmmmm. . . I don't recommend the debt that accompanies this software collection! Grin

I'm sure you'll enjoy them.  I've been tempted by the 1.5s. . .because I know how much I liked the 1s and how much I like the 2s and it combines features of both!

IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Reply #65 - 12/02/05 at 16:01:04

Go for it Lon, you can always sell the 2's if your happy with the 1.5's.  Dave Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Ex Member

Reply #66 - 12/02/05 at 16:06:15

Nah, can't go for it. . . . I'm not going to be able to afford to buy new speakers for some time to come.  Way overdid my audio budget the last few years!

And. . .my wife is going through really rough medical straits this winter into spring. . . . Going to have to hold onto all my cards.

IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Reply #67 - 12/02/05 at 16:38:05

I hear ya on the budget Lon, Im hoping to get enough extra together by the time 2006 comes and go's to buy the Taboo and other audio items such as cables etc to go with it. Hope your wife gets better.  Dave Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Ex Member

Reply #68 - 12/02/05 at 16:52:22

Thanks!  The Big C is a big scare!

IP Logged
Zygi
Ex Member

Reply #69 - 12/03/05 at 00:36:27

Generic,

Welcome to the RL-3 club.....what wood did you order?

Lon,

I wish you and Helen the best, my thoughts are with you two.

BobZ.

IP Logged
generic
Ex Member

Reply #70 - 12/03/05 at 01:04:45

Hey Bob,

I ordered Walnut.

DeVon said you had lots of orders on your plate so I expect a waiting period.

I sent you a PM.

IP Logged
Zygi
Ex Member

Reply #71 - 12/03/05 at 06:12:14

Yes I do have lots on my plate,  I was actually getting ready to start another run of 3's so when I saw this I just figured I'd add it to this production run.

One of these days I'm going to have to build myself a set of 3's I finally got tired of looking at the proto-types (ugly black. I mean butt ugly) and I keep adding a pair for myself every run, and there usually sold before I get them finished. Two runs ago I built myself a pair of Rosewood RL-3's figuring no one would ask for Rosewood, I didn't even get the veneer on them and someone IM'ed me with a picture taken at Randy's house of Steve's Rosewood RL-2's. So I move on to something else, may painted dark red metalic....that would be nice.

I guess its like the plumbers pipes and the mechanics cars.....

BobZ.

« Last Edit: 12/03/05 at 06:14:32 by ZYGI »  
  IP Logged
generic
Ex Member

Reply #72 - 12/03/05 at 11:14:00

Hey Bob,

With your list of toys, I have a hard time mustering any sympathy for a better looking RL3 in your room.

I would gladly exchange a small appendage to defer the cost for the burl veneer on my new speakers.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print