HDT tweaks (Read 22486 times)
Chris K
Ex Member

Re: HDT tweaks
Reply #45 - 06/17/05 at 03:27:09

[quote author=Corey  link=1113323574/30#44 date=1118975031]Brad,

I forget where I saw them called that.

Chris,

I don't know the story. That is certainly plausible.
Corey [/quote]

Not just plausible Corey! I heard it right from the horses mouth! Grin

IP Logged
Corey
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 06/17/05 at 03:27:54

Ziggy,

Thanks, I am going to use a razor blade and bend it to contour with the cutout flush so no foam hangs out or is ragged.

Take care,

Corey

IP Logged
Corey
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 06/17/05 at 03:31:05

Chris,

Right on!

I would have thought the reason was that liquid midrange just melted one to the point of easy seduction, repeated, "one night stands" (hehe)

Horny with anticipation Corey  :D

IP Logged
ziggy
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 06/18/05 at 01:47:11

Chris,

Close, It has more to do with the number of holes bored in them. Driver screw holes, partition pass thru holes, you name it its been inserted in the cabinet.

When DeVon orders HDT's from me, I have to think about it for a minute. Oh yeah Sluts..........

Bob Z.

« Last Edit: 06/18/05 at 01:48:19 by ZYGI »  
  IP Logged
Chris K
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 06/18/05 at 01:58:25

Yeah Bob
Those little sluts have more used holes than a Nevada whorehouse Grin

IP Logged
brad
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 06/24/05 at 16:47:32

Just placed my order for the upgrade kit.  :D  Haven't yet decided on the gel-waxing.  I'd like to hear from Steve the effects on sound of adding the gel wax.

« Last Edit: 06/24/05 at 16:48:45 by Brad »  
  IP Logged
brad
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 07/05/05 at 17:20:00

Anyone having their drivers gel-waxed, or planning to?
I have the cabinet upgrade kit on order and would be interested to hear opinions of the sound with the driver upgrade.

IP Logged
Falconer
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 07/05/05 at 21:03:03

Hey Brad,
I'm going to wait and see what others say about the gel coating ???. I have the new port lengths and egg crate foam in place and all I need to do now is order the new passives. Building these speakers is taking longer than I thought with all of the summer activities going on Cry. I hope to get close to having the HDT's finished soon Grin.

IP Logged
Corey
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 07/08/05 at 22:34:38

Brad,

I am getting my drivers waxed. I got the impression from the paper that this really activates the other mods by lowering the driver fs slightly increasing weight as well as increasing liquidity, perhaps having the air molecules launched off of a softer surface vs. hard.

Corey

IP Logged
brad
Ex Member

Reply #54 - 07/11/05 at 16:43:04

It would be interesting to know more about what's going on. For sure the cone mass will be higher. Perhaps trading off the lower Fs for a bit lower efficiency.  

I don't know what "liquidity" really means. If you mean "smoother" maybe we're just talking about a (further) reducing of that up-tilt in the frequency response - in the upper mids and lower treble that the FE206 has.

Keep us informed.

IP Logged
Corey
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 07/11/05 at 22:04:20

Brad,

Steve mentioned about 1db loss of efficiency which isn't a problem with our amps.

Corey

IP Logged
brad
Ex Member

Reply #56 - 07/21/05 at 22:15:57

I sent an email to Devon. It's been close to a month and no word of a ship date on the upgrade kit yet.

IP Logged
Corey
Ex Member

Reply #57 - 07/22/05 at 03:38:58

Brad,

I am not sure of your intention for posting the above. If you wanna bitch, then bitch. Let it out. I just don't see the point of the above post. Cut Steve some slack man. Things are busy and considering how much solder that guy inhales every day, I think he is doing just fine.

Corey

IP Logged
brad
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 07/22/05 at 17:22:31

So let me understand what you're saying... You think it's good for Decware (not) to be notified by their customer base when their delivery of goods/services is falling below a customer's expectations?  I guess it's better for customers to just be quietly disgruntled and to silently take their business elsewhere.  If there is no feedback, a biz owner would never know where their  offering could be improved.  Customer feedback is ALWAYS good.

The intention is to bring some attention to the fact that I ordered something almost a month ago and have had no contact from Decware.  I don't think "bitching" is an accurate description of my communication.  I wanted to bring attention to a whole in Decware's customer service - and sometimes a public notice of such is the best way to draw attention to it.  I don't mind being told a product won't be shipped for a month (due to parts/supplies delays, or x, y, or z).  But not hearing ANYTHING about an order is not good customer service.  I'm a very understanding long-time customer of Decware. In this case just an email would go a long way.  I'm sure that Devon intended to send me an email, but probably forgot.  And yes, I know they are busy, understaffed, etc.  Such is the world of owning your own business.  I would suggest some biz process be used to avoid this - maybe just a spreadsheet or MS Outlook task entries?  

As Decware grows and product shipments increase, which could happen with things like the TABOO and other products being reviewed, things will only get worse unless they can put some process in place.  There are many smart guys on this forum, many "techies". I know Randy is one and I'm another.  Perhaps we could help Decware by making recommendations on software products that could help.  A web page based front-end to whatever database they use could help - eg, allowing customers to just go to some web page to view the status of their order, thus reducing emails and phone calls to Devon/Steve.

Bottom line; I'm fine with "suffering" product ship delays in exchange for awesome products at very reasonable prices.  I'd just like some status/communication so I know what's going on.
And I have a feeling I'm not alone in this experience and mindset.

« Last Edit: 07/22/05 at 17:26:13 by Brad »  
  IP Logged
Mike W
Ex Member

Reply #59 - 07/22/05 at 18:03:36

Quote:
And I have a feeling I'm not alone in this experience and mindset.  

You are correct.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print